Wiki Posts
Search

12 Hour layover in BOM

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2010, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

12 Hour layover in BOM

Hi folks,
We're arriving to BOM from CCJ on 9W at 1535 and then departing at 0450 on Etihad to Abu Dhabi. I assume with getting luggage and all, we're looking at around a 12 hr layover. We are a family of 4 and looking at hotel rooms, at places we have stayed in the past (Leela, Intercontinental), prices have skyrocketed. We would need 2 rooms (4 adults) at ~$250 per room at the nicer hotels.

Since that is a lot of money for 12 hrs, what would you guys recommend we do. We are flying coach on both 9W and Etihad but is there a way to get lounge access? I know we can't enter the international terminal until midnight-1am. So any helpful recommendations would be highly appreciated!
Old Jun 20, 2010, 7:07 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
There are some reasonable 4 stars around - there's one called the Mirador in Andheri that might work for you, if you want rates of around a hundred bucks.

Anything five star is bound to be costly and 250 would be a great deal if you can get it, or want to pay 250 for that short a stay.
Old Jun 20, 2010, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Awesome, I'll definitely look into that!

So I was doing a little snooping on FlyerTalk and I think I read that you can buy day passes to Jet Airways domestic lounges? Would it be possible to hit that up after landing in BOM and killing some time there?
Old Jun 21, 2010, 12:53 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Trust me, you dont want to spend 8 hours in that lounge. You might want to check your heavy luggage in straight to the states if you have through checkin available, then lug your hand baggage and a change of clothes out, get dinner and a shower before you head for the airport again.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hserus
Trust me, you dont want to spend 8 hours in that lounge. You might want to check your heavy luggage in straight to the states if you have through checkin available, then lug your hand baggage and a change of clothes out, get dinner and a shower before you head for the airport again.

Haha, gotcha. Yea, I'll look into hotels again then. Thanks for your help!
Old Jul 9, 2010, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
I have the same problem - 9 PM to 6 AM layover on the way in; 9 AM to 11 PM layover on the way out. Plan is to stay at the Sahara Star on the way in (close to domestic terminal) and the Intercontinental (or perhaps Hyatt or Sheraton) close to the international terminal on the way out; but still trying to figure out if I can get a day rate. Don't want to book online and then be told I can't check in until 3 PM.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by raehl311
I have the same problem - 9 PM to 6 AM layover on the way in; 9 AM to 11 PM layover on the way out. Plan is to stay at the Sahara Star on the way in (close to domestic terminal) and the Intercontinental (or perhaps Hyatt or Sheraton) close to the international terminal on the way out; but still trying to figure out if I can get a day rate. Don't want to book online and then be told I can't check in until 3 PM.
call the hotel & they will give you a day rate....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.