Wiki Posts
Search

LH to 9W Connection at Delhi

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2010, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Ex-Plat, Bonvoy Titanium
LH to 9W Connection at Delhi

In a few months I'll be flying from the US to Delhi on LH business class via FRA arriving at 12:35am. I have a separate ticket from DEL-KTM on Jet that leaves at 6:30am the same morning, economy fare.

Does anyone know if I can check bags through to KTM?

If not, I am assuming I'll have to get my bags and leave the int'l terminal, check my bags at the 9W desk and then re-enter the int'l terminal.
Has anyone ever done this connection? If so, any pointers on what to do with my layover?

Thanks.
Rich
Old Feb 24, 2010, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by puchalskir
In a few months I'll be flying from the US to Delhi on LH business class via FRA arriving at 12:35am. I have a separate ticket from DEL-KTM on Jet that leaves at 6:30am the same morning, economy fare.

Does anyone know if I can check bags through to KTM?
You probably will be able to *tag* the luggage through with LH-Jet, but you *have* to clear Indian Customs at DEL.

Originally Posted by puchalskir
If not, I am assuming I'll have to get my bags and leave the int'l terminal, check my bags at the 9W desk and then re-enter the int'l terminal.
Has anyone ever done this connection? If so, any pointers on what to do with my layover?
If you search for some of the threads regarding such airport transits here (or in the Airlines of India forum), you will find the thread for Delhi Airport, which is constantly in flux, due to the new construction.

I don't know if 9w has a setup for collecting and re-checking luggage after you pass Customs or not, but I do know they have this facility in BOM...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.