New Visa Requirements?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Visa Requirements?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2010, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by singhstor
this may be a bit confusing, however I urgently need an answer for this...being a canadian citizen, born in the Gulf ..I'm of Indian descent and I still have my old Indian Passport.

So for this new rule , to have the Birth Certificate required to apply for Indian tourist visa, can I instead provide them with a copy of my Old indian Passport ?

eagerly awaiting a reply, thank you for your help in advance.
welcome to ft....

i think that is a difficult question to answer....my best guess is that it should work....but then again, its best to ask the relevant authorities for a definitive answer....
Old May 16, 2010, 7:27 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Does anyone know the turnaround time for issuing an Indian Business Visa in Singapore for a Singaporean citizen?
They quoted me 5 days in Singapore a Business Visa on my NZ passport. The High Commission's web site for visas says:

Business Visa - It is the endeavour of the High Commission to ensure that Singapore nationals applying for business visas are issued visas on the same day. They should apply to the Visa Application Centres as indicated in the website.
I don't know how realistic that is though.

Originally Posted by Buttwiser
Lots of complaints here...................Has anyone of you guys complaining about the requirements for an Indian visa ever thought about the requirements for a US or EU visa when you are applying on an Indian passport from India?
Yes, and I think it is equally bad on the US or EU or where-ever nations. I don't mind it taking time and appreciate there are requirements for a thorough review, but I went through a friggen' fiasco to get an Indian Employment Visa that I don't seem to even need - especially complicated by ill-informed consular staff all around the world due to non-specific rules. Not to mention the whimsical way the rules were literally being changed in-flight by the consular officials .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.