Search

BLR hotel near airport? [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2009, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Location: Usually Paris and Rome, but could be just about anywhere
Programs: Flying Blue
BLR hotel near airport? [merged]

I'm flying to Bangalore arriving very early a.m. (00.25). I connect to a 9W flight, the departure of which has just been moved up to 7.10! I don't know how long it will take me to clear immigration and claim my bag, but let's say optimistically I can be out by 1.30. I'll still have to be back at the airport at 6 at the latest.

So I have just over four hours, but would love to have a shower and maybe even a couple of hours of sleep in a bed. There are no facilities like pay lounges at the airport (BLR customer service there was very quick in replying to my e-mail, and provided a list of local hotels). Jet won't give me lounge access on a Konnect flight (even if they had a 24-hour lounge, which I doubt).

So what would you do? Rough it and find the least uncomfortable spot in the airport to doze? Or is there a nearby hotel you know of that would be worth it for four hours?

I can already second guess a lot of FTers first question, so let me get to that: Yes, I am trying to get 9W to change my ticket, but they don't really have any alternatives that will get me to my destination on time. Getting the ticket refunded is complicated, and discarding it is almost impossible, because it is the first leg of a multi-segment ticket. (If I do manage to get a refund, my alternative will be an IT flight to CCJ instead of IXE.)

Also, 9W customer service is not exactly the swiftest I've come across. I have had e-mails from two different departments, the last which sent me to the local Jet Airways agent here in Rome, who claimed to have no authority to re-issue the ticket (even though the last e-mail I received from India clearly said "refund"). They said that they would call Brussels, who in turn would call India, and get back to me. That was exactly a week ago. I left them a message on Friday, but haven't heard back from them yet. (But that, I suspect could be the subject of a different thread elsewhere.)

Also, I am not going to drive 8 or 10 hours to get to where I'm going.

Any other suggestions? Many thanks for your time.

Last edited by vincentinparis; Nov 3, 2010 at 4:40 am
Old Oct 4, 2009, 7:28 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
The new airport is miles out of town and to my knowledge there isnt a reasonable hotel within 45 minutes ++ (that'd be "till you reach bangalore")

Rough it - blr is brand new and fully aircon, so it will be a bit more comfortable than LAX TBIT or some of the older terminals in CDG, say.
Old Oct 4, 2009, 11:47 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I'm with hserus. Rough it out. I've done it at CCU and BLR is going to be better than CCU by miles.
Old Oct 5, 2009, 9:36 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Originally Posted by hserus
The new airport is miles out of town and to my knowledge there isnt a reasonable hotel within 45 minutes ++ (that'd be "till you reach bangalore")

Rough it - blr is brand new and fully aircon, so it will be a bit more comfortable than LAX TBIT or some of the older terminals in CDG, say.
Agreed...If am right, BLR has some recliners in their transit area/lounge. They look hard but aren't a bad option, and quite comfortable.
Old Oct 6, 2009, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Thanks, everyone. Not the answer I was hopng for, but oh, well, I'll survive.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At that time of night you could get to the Windsor Sheraton in about 30mins. Lots of cash for a very short night though.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 8:12 am
Original Poster

I was actually looking for another thread when I stumbled upon this old post. In the end I stayed at the Fantasy Golf Resort. It sounds rather grander than it is (fantasy golf refers to a very tired miniature golf course on the grounds), but it's 5 minutes from the airport, their pick up and drop off service was dependable, I had a clean bed and AC in a spartan room and, as I was able to book on the noon flight to CCJ, I enjoyed a fine breakfast of idli and other treats in the garden. Luxury it is not. A reasonable place to rest your head without driving all the way into town, it is.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by vincentinparis
I was actually looking for another thread when I stumbled upon this old post. In the end I stayed at the Fantasy Golf Resort. It sounds rather grander than it is (fantasy golf refers to a very tired miniature golf course on the grounds), but it's 5 minutes from the airport, their pick up and drop off service was dependable, I had a clean bed and AC in a spartan room and, as I was able to book on the noon flight to CCJ, I enjoyed a fine breakfast of idli and other treats in the garden. Luxury it is not. A reasonable place to rest your head without driving all the way into town, it is.
how much did you pay????
Old Nov 3, 2010, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by saad
how much did you pay????
It was something like 2500-3000 Rs. plus another 500 Rs. for the airport pick up and drop off.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by vincentinparis
It was something like 2500-3000 Rs. plus another 500 Rs. for the airport pick up and drop off.
that's not too bad....
Old Nov 3, 2010, 7:02 am

Are there any decent hotels due to open near the BLR airport?

As much as I despised the old airport at least it had easy access to decent hotels.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 7:50 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FLLDL
Are there any decent hotels due to open near the BLR airport?

As much as I despised the old airport at least it had easy access to decent hotels.
There is a hotel under construction, but I suspect it's about 10 to 14 months away from opening, if not more.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 1:49 am
Original Poster

For anyone who is interested, this is the e-mail I received from Customer Relations at BLR. Keep in mind that the e-mail is now over a year old, and that other than Fantasy Golf, I haven't seen any of the other properties.

"Thanks for writing and we are happy to welcome you to the new Bengaluru International Airport..!

We do not have hotels /retiring rooms facility at the airport currently.

There are hotels not too far from the airport which you can use, find below the list with the nearest hotel listed first (1) and the farthest listed as the last item (8).

1. FANTASY GOLF RESORT(ITC FACTORY),DEVANAHALLI
Mob:-9972092701/03

2. CLARKS EXOTICA,B.B ROAD BANGALORE
Ph: 9880203770
Mob: 9740097105

3. OLDE BANGALORE RESORT
Ph: 080-65652222

4. RAMANASHREE CALFORNIA RESORT,ANANTHAPURA GATE,YELAHANKA
Ph:-080-28461250/080-40400900

5. SHREYAS RESIDENCY,YELAHANKA
Ph: 080-40055566/080-66367569

6. NARAYANA COMFORTS, YELAHANKA
Ph: 080-28462751/080-28462753

7. STAY AFFORD RESIDENCY(SERVICE APARTMENT),SAHAKAR NAGAR BANGALORE
Ph: 9845067249
Mob: 9980209660

8. DEW DROPS,SESHADRIPURAM
Ph: 080-40609111

Hope this helps, feel free to revert for clarification or additional inputs if any.

Thanks and best regards,"
Old Jul 18, 2011, 10:33 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
Hotels in or near Bangalore Airport

Are there any hotels in Bangalore airport. In a few weeks we have an early AM flight and would like to stay at or very near the airport. I checked the airport website, it does not appear that there are any hotels in the airport.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 5:36 pm

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
Any updates?

Does anyone have additional suggestions for BLR airport hotels or comments on the hotels identified below? We have an upcoming a.m. flight and I'd prefer to stay close to the airport if there are some good options nearby. Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.