Search

Is Dom Back on 9w?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2010, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Not at the moment.

Sometimes EWR gets the 77w - *if* they have enhanced loads *and* if they have a 77w available, as most are leased out.
Is LHR a bigger market then NYC for 9W?
Old May 17, 2010, 12:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by lallyr
Is LHR a bigger market then NYC for 9W?
I would say yes:

1. NYC-BRU-India: Only 2 x A332 loads.

2. LHR-India (BOM/DEL): 4 x 77w loads. (Sometimes 2/3 x 77w, rest A332 (DEL only))

(You should be the one to advise us! )

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; May 17, 2010 at 12:25 am
Old Jul 1, 2010, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Considering flying a US-India ticket on Jet - is Dom being served on board right now??

I'll be spending a bomb, and combined with the fact that I will only get 3 tier points for the single flight number each way from the US (idiots at Jet), EVEN THOUGH we have to get out, go through security AND also get on possibly another aircraft, I'm thinking of flying on my LH F / LX F award ticket....

Gotta buy either one in an hour, so if anyone has feedback, let me know!
Old Jul 2, 2010, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Considering flying a US-India ticket on Jet - is Dom being served on board right now??

I'll be spending a bomb, and combined with the fact that I will only get 3 tier points for the single flight number each way from the US (idiots at Jet), EVEN THOUGH we have to get out, go through security AND also get on possibly another aircraft, I'm thinking of flying on my LH F / LX F award ticket....

Gotta buy either one in an hour, so if anyone has feedback, let me know!
I really hope you went with LX F?
Old Jul 2, 2010, 5:14 am
Original Poster

One segment on the return only - otherwise only biz available...

Outbound on the hopeless F class....
Old Jul 2, 2010, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Whats the hopeless First class?
Old Jul 30, 2010, 8:48 am
Original Poster

That's what I got offered eventually - nice product, but not as good as 9wF!

Whats the hopeless First class?
LH
Old Jul 30, 2010, 12:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
That's what I got offered eventually - nice product, but not as good as 9wF!

LH
LH is hopeless? Im confised? Granted its an old seating product but others on FT seem to be raving on about it.....

Last edited by d3vski; Jul 30, 2010 at 12:22 pm
Old Jul 30, 2010, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by d3vski
LH is hopeless? Im confised? Granted its an old seating product but others on FT seem to be raving on about it.....
Yeah I know.... I really can't figure out why though. Its nothing great. IMHO seating is 80% of the product and LH's is quite out dated.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 7:31 pm
Suspended

Yeah I know.... I really can't figure out why though. Its nothing great. IMHO seating is 80% of the product and LH's is quite out dated.
The style of the seats 2x2 on the upper deck are dated but in full flat recline they are very comfortable. Same on the A330/340s and the 1x2x1 is nice for singles and couples, but not at the privacy level and personal space one expects for F today.

That said the FCT has been an innovation and the car transfer to your aircraft has improved the airport experience. I also find the food on LH F very good.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 11:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by elitetraveler
The style of the seats 2x2 on the upper deck are dated but in full flat recline they are very comfortable.
They are actually *not* fully flat.

One should recline all the way and you note possibly between 3-5 degrees from fully horizontal, *and* one can feel this even when the aircraft is flying with it's nose slightly raised a few degrees.

LX F is flat, but not comfortable with the air suspension which provides no back support. (never tried LX J in flight, but shown the actual seat on the ground and it was flat)

9w F and J is *flat* and comfortable.

Originally Posted by elitetraveler
I also find the food on LH F very good.
Then you must have some very esoteric taste/s - 9 out of 10 meals on LH F are non-edible - *including* the beef shoulder that couldn't be cut with metal cutlery!

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Jul 30, 2010 at 11:31 pm
Old Jul 31, 2010, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
9w F and J is *flat* and comfortable.
this is very important to note....i have been on a lot of airlines with flat beds but i find jet most comfortable....
Old Jul 31, 2010, 3:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by saad
this is very important to note....i have been on a lot of airlines with flat beds but i find jet most comfortable....
Jet's J/F seats are the *best*, period!
Old Jul 31, 2010, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Jet's J/F seats are the *best*, period!
+1 ^
Old Aug 6, 2010, 11:51 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Jet wins the best champagne/sparkling wine award in J class.....

....for having the Lanson Noble Brut Milliseme 1999.

What happened to the Dom, considering that most airlines have it for First Class while Jet have it in J?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.