Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet to Code-Share With United...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2008, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Jet to Code-Share With United...

Discussion here in the United forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=825421
Old Oct 5, 2008, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Bumping this thread, as it is apparently official now - as per .bomb:

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,52821,00.html

"Beginning November 15, 2008, Jet Airways will become the newest Mileage Plus airline partner. Jet Airways is of the prestigious airlines of India and currently flies to more than 60 destinations spanning the length and breadth of India and beyond including destinations in Asia, Europe, the Middle East and North America.

Mileage Plus members can earn miles on Jet Airways flights from Toronto, Newark and New York JFK to Brussels and on to India (other routes from North America are excluded for mileage accrual). You can also earn miles on all of Jet Airways other international flights and on all of Jet’s domestic flights within India...."

Well, points to be noted:

1. No EQM's on 9w, apparently... (9w is listed under the other partners, without EQM accrual)

2. Redemption on 9w using UA miles *suck* totally! (Just like using 9w miles...haven't really checked full requirements of both programs, but appears so) Therefore, our more valuable UA miles would be wasted on 9w...

3. No point of my crediting my 9w flights on UA, as flight credit for status much more valuable on 9w anyway...*but*, if you don't need 9w status, and are flying higher fares, the miles you generate in UA MP for use on other *A carriers is *more* valuable than crediting to the hopeless redemption of 9w flights in the JP program...

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Oct 5, 2008 at 3:13 am Reason: Added info...
Old Oct 5, 2008, 5:00 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
if you want to redeem miles on jet airways, i say stick the miles on AAdvantage. its much better value.

I got a LHR-BOM First Class Rtn booked on Jet Airways.

Total cost: 80K AA miles + £117.20 (£102.20 taxes + £15 Reservation Fee)

also notice that booking through AAdvantage also means no Fuel Surcharge is added.

How comes if you buy a 9W ticket and credit to 9W you get only 25% but if you credit to AA or UA, you get 50%.

So if your a discount economy ticket traveller, if you credit to AA, you accumalate at a faster rate and also have lower redemption rates! a win win situation!

just to make sure i have not screwed up the maths, can someone please price up a lhr-bom F class itinerary using JPmiles giving the amount of miles required and taxes/surcharges. I dont have any miles in JetPrivilige so i cant even make a dummy booking! thanks in advance!
Old Sep 9, 2014, 1:50 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
MP 1K status with JetAirways?

I will be taking JetKonnect between BOM and HYD and then JetAirways between BLR and BOM, as connection to EWR in BOM.

JetAirways/JetKonnect is a United codeshare partner and the UA website sells these flights as part of the UA itinerary. But I found no mention of JetAirways being a member of Star Alliance.

What status and privileges do I have on this airline as a 1K?

Do they have lounges in BOM and BLR?

Also, the BOM-HYD segment is marked as Business on my ticket - is that the same as Premiere? Thanks in advance
Old Sep 9, 2014, 1:58 am

Originally Posted by sapguy
I will be taking JetKonnect between BOM and HYD and then JetAirways between BLR and BOM, as connection to EWR in BOM.

JetAirways/JetKonnect is a United codeshare partner and the UA website sells these flights as part of the UA itinerary. But I found no mention of JetAirways being a member of Star Alliance.

Do they have lounges in BOM and BLR?

Also, the BOM-HYD segment is marked as Business on my ticket - is that the same as Premiere? Thanks in advance
Jet airways is not part of the star alliance.
Business on Jet Airways means Premiere.

If you are traveling BOM-HYD in premiere, you will get a lounge invitation from the check-in agent.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 5:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
no status or privileges as a 1k....but you will get higher baggage allowance & lounge access since you are traveling in business....
Old Sep 9, 2014, 7:53 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Thanks so much for your replies.

So since my BLR-BOM will be in Economy, I will have to pay for checked luggage and will not have lounge access in BLR even though I am a MP 1K?

Also, my BOM-EWR segment will be in C:

1. Can my luggage be checked in BLR through to EWR? Any issue with interline transfer between JetAirways & UA?
2. Since my connecting flight will be in C, do I still have to pay for checked luggage for the Economy segment from BLR to BOM?
Old Sep 9, 2014, 8:13 am

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
Thanks so much for your replies.

So since my BLR-BOM will be in Economy, I will have to pay for checked luggage and will not have lounge access in BLR even though I am a MP 1K?

Also, my BOM-EWR segment will be in C:

1. Can my luggage be checked in BLR through to EWR? Any issue with interline transfer between JetAirways & UA?
2. Since my connecting flight will be in C, do I still have to pay for checked luggage for the Economy segment from BLR to BOM?
Assuming you are on a single PNR, you will get international baggage allowance for the same even though you are traveling in economy on the BLR-BOM sector.

Your luggage should be through checked in to EWR, however you will clear immigration and customs at BOM. You would however not get lounge access at BLR, but should get one on arrival at BOM (BOM international terminal has only a temporary lounge operational currently. I believe airlines do not have a dedicated lounge planned.)

Assuming you land at the domestic wing in BOM, do not go out of the airport, but head to the transfer desk and take the shuttle over to the new international terminal.

I suggest you read the connecting at BOM airport thread for other queries that you may have.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 12:44 am

Programs: BA, CX, LH, WN
Yes - your baggage can be tagged all the way to EWR. No need to collect bags when you land in BOM.
If they are part of same PNR , the baggage allowance is same as BOM-EWR.

That being said, I am pretty sure Jet cannot check in for your BOM-EWR flight and so cant issue lounge invitations for BOM as well. So you need to go to United counter in BOM to check in as well as get lounge invitation. But the baggage could be tagged, you just have to provide United the Jet baggage tag details.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:06 am

Thank you CCU_Flyer and techblr for your excellent info and advices.

The flights are on the same PNR. I will have hard copy print out of everything in order to be ready for any situation

I will report on my actual experience shortly.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 11:27 am

Thank you CCU_Flyer and techblr for your excellent info and advices.
Happy to help. BLR is my home, let me know if you need to know anything more about airport or the city
Old Sep 25, 2014, 1:39 pm

Luggage handling in BOM

I will be flying EWR-BOM on UA and then to CCU on Jet, on an itinerary sold through UA. Will I have to collect luggage in BOM and recheck it? I know I will have to take the bus from International to Domestic.
Thanks!
Old Oct 1, 2014, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by hikeaway
I will be flying EWR-BOM on UA and then to CCU on Jet, on an itinerary sold through UA. Will I have to collect luggage in BOM and recheck it? I know I will have to take the bus from International to Domestic.
Thanks!
Yes - you have to clear customs in BOM as that will be your first entry point in India. And so yes - you have to claim baggage and then after customs take the bus to domestic and check-in bag to CCU there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.