Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Domestic - Domestic interline connections in BOM

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2007, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet

Quick Question

Looking to fly Jodphur-Kochi

Jet have a flight JDH-BOM arrives at 1550 (this is the only JDH-BOM service I can find)

Jet have a flight BOM-COK departs at 1720
Kingfisher have a BOM-COK service at 1735

I'd book jet as a through ticket - but it's a pain as I can't eticket it since Jet don't to etickets to/from Kochi (I will be in India next week, almost 2 weeks before I need this flight - can I buy JDH-COK paper ticket from the counter in Delhi domestic ? - I remember in China this was a hassle as the airport counters only sold tickets departing from that airport - not sure if similar in India ?)

If I book the flights separately on Jet connecting to Kingfisher I can eticket the whole thing so it's easier .. is 1h45 reasonable for the connection in BOM with separate tickets, but no checked luggage? - I think I've read here that BOM domestic terminal is pretty good now.

Pricewise it's more or less the same - generally staying on a through ticket is good I know... but then again if I missed the connection on Jet it's their last flight of the day anyway and as Kingfisher is 15 mins later it's a slighly better chance of catching it anwyay.

Any comments/advice ?
Old Dec 11, 2007, 6:32 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
Yeah - you can walk into the 9W ticketing desk at the airport (typically landside) and do that. Or you can walk into any travel agent near your hotel and buy a ticket.

Would suggest you dont bother with your hotel's concierge desk.. any hotel that's got a few stars to its name will rip you off big time with service charges and such.

is 1h45 reasonable for the connection in BOM with separate tickets, but no checked luggage? - I think I've read here that BOM domestic terminal is pretty good now.
BOM domestic terminal is very nice indeed. And if your flights are both on time - that's a big if given fog related delays in north india, in winter .. you should be fine.

Buy a flex ticket on 9W - dont buy the cheapest one - and if you are misconnected, they will stick you on the kingfisher one.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Just to update on this ... I booked it all with Jet as suggested via their ticket office at DEL Domestic Terminal After I arrived in India. Paper ticket for JDH-BOM-COK was issued.

The flight from JDH-BOM was secheduled for 1h50 minutes .. however the flight was 1/2 hour late and the actual flight took 2h10 mins (with no holding delays at BOM) .. so it was around 1hr late arriving on stand in BOM. (The flight was operated by an ATR72 .. I wonder is the 1h50 min scheduled based on a 737 .. but then again the JDH-BOM flight seems like it's usually on an ATR)

Anyway I was a bit worried arriving in BOM with about 25 mins to make the COK flight.. however no need to worry ... Jet gave us an airside transfer on a special bus direct to the steps of the COK flight and our luggage made it just fine too.

So top marks to JET - who I was very impressed with overall on other flights too.

(Their lounge in DEL domestic is pretty poor though - I certainly wouldn't advocate paying extra for business class to get there.. given that it's pretty poor and that you can get into it anyway by paying about $6 for the "buffet" on offer)
Old Jan 16, 2008, 7:04 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by hserus
BOM domestic terminal is very nice indeed.
Caveat! The new 9W terminal is indeed very nice by Indian standards.

The older (still under renovation) terminal used by IC and IT is not!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.