Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Safety Mudras - Air Indias new safety video

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2024, 9:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold

New AI safety video…me like. But I can see it cheesing off dances/groups that were not included.

Old Feb 24, 2024, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
New AI safety video…me like. But I can see it cheesing off dances/groups that were not included.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al51WZcN2_U
I like it too. Very sweet & extremely well put together.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 10:26 am

Programs: AI Flying Returns Gold
I also like the new safety video, and it's a cute use of a kid in the intro and exit. They seem to be doing everything right in the marketing/image department.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 2:36 pm

For some time I have watched Qatar's extremely confusing safety video with people speaking rapidly in cockney(?) accents, making various esoteric jokes, and representing the cabin as a locker room for soccer players. I always wonder, what does someone who is not a frequent flyer and whose cannot follow English when spoken quickly in strange accents get from such a video? Is the idea to entertain and distract, or to focus on safety?

The AI video is not as bad, but it is in the same class. The dancing and signing holds the viewer's attention, but to the dancing and singing; it distracts from the safety demonstration. It is not helpful. It is meant to entertain frequent flyers like FT posters, people who already know the rules.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
For some time I have watched Qatar's extremely confusing safety video with people speaking rapidly in cockney(?) accents, making various esoteric jokes, and representing the cabin as a locker room for soccer players. I always wonder, what does someone who is not a frequent flyer and whose cannot follow English when spoken quickly in strange accents get from such a video? Is the idea to entertain and distract, or to focus on safety?

The AI video is not as bad, but it is in the same class. The dancing and signing holds the viewer's attention, but to the dancing and singing; it distracts from the safety demonstration. It is not helpful. It is meant to entertain frequent flyers like FT posters, people who already know the rules.
Why can't you learn in a fun and engaging way? What's wrong with that? More people will be watching and learning that the nearest exit door could be behind you than from the 1970s government warning video they had before.

Also, safety videos are a branding exercise for airlines and certainly should be used as such.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly

Nobody watches the safety video unless there is something fun that holds their attention.

The ideal video should be either funny or entertaining, explain the safety details clearly, not be long enough to lose the passengers attention & market the airline/country in a positive light. I think this new video does all that.

I think the most ideal safety videos I have ever seen are the AF video from about 10 years ago & the BA Comic Relief video. They had the right combination of humour or good music or star power, combined with clear instructions & definitely held the viewers attention.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.