Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India Business class from NYC: Fare type differences?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air India Business class from NYC: Fare type differences?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2024, 12:07 pm
Original Poster

Question Air India Business class from NYC: Fare type differences?

Looking in to flying Air India Business class from NYC. I see 3 fare tiers:
Web
Super Value
Flexible
Listed features are all the same. And when you select one the prompt to upgrade to the next value also lists the same features between tiers.

Are there any differences between these tiers. And is the web special tier really no cancel, no change and no refund? Thanks

Fare type comparison

Fare rules list this (for all price tiers):
  • Mumbai to New York

General Information
  • Prices are guaranteed with current exchange currency
No-Show For First Flight
General information
  • In Case Of Exchange, New Travel Dates Must Be Prior To 28/01/2025
  • Penalty Fee Cannot Be Waived In Case Of Passenger Illness Or Passenger's Family Death
Travel dates or travel time changes (revalidation)
  • Changes Are Not Allowed
Changes of routing or airline (reissuance)
  • Changes Are Allowed With Restrictions
  • Maximum Penalty Fee (In Case Of Entire Ticket Exchange) Is USD 300.00
  • Penalty Fee For Partial Changes In The Ticket Is Free Of Charge
Old Jan 28, 2024, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by sheerfun
Looking in to flying Air India Business class from NYC. I see 3 fare tiers:
Web
Super Value
Flexible
Listed features are all the same. And when you select one the prompt to upgrade to the next value also lists the same features between tiers.

Are there any differences between these tiers. And is the web special tier really no cancel, no change and no refund? Thanks
Shhh...don't tell AI, but yes, except for points, they are all the same. They urge you multiple times to upgrade to the higher fare, but they give absolutely no reason to do so.

And as I posted some weeks earlier, the higher fare class can sometimes have a lower fare. That's AI for you, even under Tata.

Who says web specials are "no cancel, no change and no refund"? Sometimes the refund/change fees (not stated in the tables) are different, other times they are the same.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
Shhh...don't tell AI, but yes, except for points, they are all the same. They urge you multiple times to upgrade to the higher fare, but they give absolutely no reason to do so.

And as I posted some weeks earlier, the higher fare class can sometimes have a lower fare. That's AI for you, even under Tata.

Who says web specials are "no cancel, no change and no refund"? Sometimes the refund/change fees (not stated in the tables) are different, other times they are the same.
Thanks for the response.

I posted the fare rules above. Wanted to see what that meant. Revalidation not allowed but reissue allowed with a fee.

My interest is in ability to change travel dates.
Old Jan 28, 2024, 5:09 pm

Thanks for the response.

I posted the fare rules above. Wanted to see what that meant. Revalidation not allowed but reissue allowed with a fee.

IYou can google to learn the difference between revalidation and reissue of airline tickets. Modern (electronic) tickets are normally reissued, not revalidated.

If you can get a refund, you can change by getting a refund and buying a new ticket.

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Jan 28, 2024 at 5:17 pm
Old Jan 29, 2024, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Thanks for the response.

Its a little confusing but all fares allow a date change for a fee.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 11:42 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Keyser
Its a little confusing but all fares allow a date change for a fee.
Maybe not. I talked to 2 different agents today. Both said, even the cheapest (Web Special/Z class) allows you to change dates without penalty & you pay only the fare difference. They both said this is the case for all flights to and from the USA, although they could not explain why. The only difference in the 3 different booking classes is the penalty you pay for canceling the ticket.

Now it's entirely possible the information the agents gave me is wrong. Can someone else validate or invalidate it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.