Search

Air India pricing issue

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2023 | 5:36 pm
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited50 Countries Visited100 Nights5 Years on Site

Programs: BA Gold, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Hilton Diamond
Air India pricing issue

I am looking to book the following but the price as one ticket is nearly double the price of two separate bookings. I want one booking for seamless through transfer of baggage.

Vienna to Delhi to Bangkok with a 5 day stop in Delhi is around 550 one way
Delhi to Hirasar (Rajkot) is around 200 return within this 5 day stopover

Booking as multi city Vienna to Delhi to Hirasar and then Hirasar to Delhi to Bangkok is over 1200 for the exact same flights as above. The Hirasar sectors are booking into a much higher booking class when done as multi city.

Can the call centre book the whole itinerary on one PNR and split the ticket if necessary to get the 550 + 200 rate, total 750, so that I can through check my bags from Vienna to Hirasar and then also from Hirasar to Bangkok?

Thanks
Old Oct 28, 2023 | 9:51 pm

If different PNRs, i am afraid you cant.
Old Oct 29, 2023 | 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
10 Countries Visited20 Countries Visited30 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by HarryKUK
Can the call centre book the whole itinerary on one PNR and split the ticket if necessary to get the 550 + 200 rate, total 750, so that I can through check my bags from Vienna to Hirasar and then also from Hirasar to Bangkok?
Very unlikely. But you have nothing to lose by calling them.
Old Oct 29, 2023 | 5:06 pm
Original Poster
10 Countries Visited50 Countries Visited100 Nights5 Years on Site

Programs: BA Gold, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Keyser
Very unlikely. But you have nothing to lose by calling them.
I called. It was a hard no. I have to book as two separate tickets even though all four sectors are on Air India.

Ticket 1 is VIE-DEL-BKK
Ticket 2 is DEL-HSR-DEL in the middle of ticket 1 dates

Separate tickets are not ideal in terms of connecting bags and missed connection protection etc but the gaps are long enough that it should be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.