Intra-India Flights

Old Jul 23, 2023, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Intra-India Flights

I need to book a flight between Chennai and Delhi — stuck between Air India and Vistara.

Flight will be one way as flight back to the US leaves from Delhi.

Consensus seems to indicate Vistara is the better option, correct?

Domestic F price is comparable — around $300 USD.
Old Jul 23, 2023, 1:21 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
UK is the better airline by far but ensure you take the right luggage option.
9W73H likes this.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; Jul 24, 2023 at 3:27 am
Old Jul 24, 2023, 6:17 am

Yes, Vistara is the better option.
Old Jul 24, 2023, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
Somewhat similar question.. I was able to get a cheap F award (via UA miles) for my mother on AI's DEL-ORD non-stop for mid october.. Want to book BLR-DEL connecting but will be two separate tickets.. Ok to book AI J but will they through check the bags from BLR even if on two separate tickets? Would dearly want that.. if not going to happen, will obviously book UK.. any previous experiences?
Old Jul 25, 2023, 3:13 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by galaticos
Somewhat similar question.. I was able to get a cheap F award (via UA miles) for my mother on AI's DEL-ORD non-stop for mid october.. Want to book BLR-DEL connecting but will be two separate tickets.. Ok to book AI J but will they through check the bags from BLR even if on two separate tickets? Would dearly want that.. if not going to happen, will obviously book UK.. any previous experiences?
They will through check.
galaticos likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 3:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
I've managed to do that with AI in the past. Was traveling JFK-DEL-Bom but on separate tickets. Having said that, it is hit & miss as I know a bunch of people who couldn't get AI to do something similar.
galaticos likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2023, 12:17 am

Thanks Keyser & PiperAtGatesofDawn .. will book AI and hope they through check.. will report back..
Old Jul 26, 2023, 7:43 am

Thanks Keyser & PiperAtGatesofDawn .. will book AI and hope they through check.. will report back..
Generally when they refuse to do it... it's a matter of competence. Ask for the check-in supervisor and they will be able to help.
legionnaire and galaticos like this.
Old Jul 29, 2023, 9:53 pm

Programs: ,BW Rewards, Skymiles, Aeroplan, SPG, IHG, Marriott, Club Carlson, Alaska Airlines
I will be flying BOM / DEL on Vistara , DEL / YYZ on Air India. it is a single through ticket issued by Air Canada using Aeroplan Points. The booking code is same on UK and AI . I want to know if my bags at Delhi will be transferred or do I have to pick up bags at Delhi and re check them. Has anyone flown this routes and what their experience was ? I phoned Vistara , I was told they would be transferred directly. I sent email to Vistara, I was told I would have to pick up bags at Delhi and re check them with AI .
Old Jul 30, 2023, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by mgn2000
I will be flying BOM / DEL on Vistara , DEL / YYZ on Air India. it is a single through ticket issued by Air Canada using Aeroplan Points. The booking code is same on UK and AI . I want to know if my bags at Delhi will be transferred or do I have to pick up bags at Delhi and re check them. Has anyone flown this routes and what their experience was ? I phoned Vistara , I was told they would be transferred directly. I sent email to Vistara, I was told I would have to pick up bags at Delhi and re check them with AI .
Single ticket - no issue, it will through check.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 2:56 pm

Programs: AI Flying Returns Gold
I would book AI and upgrade to Business. They will through check luggage and expedite you through immigration of the flight to DEL is late.
9W73H likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.