Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

AI-660 issues and connecting flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AI-660 issues and connecting flights

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2023, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Question AI-660 issues and connecting flights

Hi, I have a ticket booked for EWR-DEL-BOM and return BOM-DEL-EWR. This is booked through United on a single PNR. I have completed the EWR-DEL-BOM portion and i have the return coming up. The BOM-DEL leg of the return is on AI-660 and the DEL-EWR is on UA-83 with a 3 hour layover. After looking at the last couple of weeks, AI-660 has been cancelled many days and has 3+ hours delays on many other days. I am wondering whats going on with AI-660 and am worried about making my connection.

Does anyone have any experience with AI-660 and onward connecting flight with different carrier? What are my options? How does AI handle AI-660 passengers with onward connections on different carrier?

I wonder why AI would offer AI-660 with onward connections if they cant reliably operate it. It's such a hassle for everyone involved include AI themselves.
Old Jun 25, 2023, 2:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
AI is usually good at rebooking if the delay is their fault. Make sure you keep an eye on the inbound aircraft and sort out the rebooking before checkin.
Old Jun 25, 2023, 12:19 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
AI/UA will usually alert you if you're not going to make your connection. So be prepared to leave for the airport early I guess.

The good thing is that there are lots of flights between BOM-DEL that AI can put you on to ensure that you make your connection.

Unfortunately neither AI nor UA is going to touch the ticket till something officially happens.
Old Jun 25, 2023, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Oliver and Piper.

Question about this: "The good thing is that there are lots of flights between BOM-DEL that AI can put you on to ensure that you make your connection."

Does AI also rebook people on other airlines if they would otherwise miss their connection?
Old Jun 26, 2023, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by ma6878
Does AI also rebook people on other airlines if they would otherwise miss their connection?
Yes they do. UK would be the preferred airline in case AI can't get you to DEL on time but I have seen them book passengers on other carriers as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.