Search

6E Bag Allowance (Domestic)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2023, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
6E Bag Allowance (Domestic)

Can anyone tell me if 6E will 'pool' bag allowance of all passengers on a single PNR, or will they charge excess weight if any single bag is over the checked bag allowance?

For example, if we've got an itinerary for 3 pax on a flexi plus fare (domestic), we should each get 15kg, or 45kg total. If we have 2 bags total that come to 40KG, which would be under the total allowance, but where at least 1 (or maybe both) are over 15KG individually, will they charge for excess bags, or will they consider that within the allowed amount? I realize there is also a weight limit per bag, but believe that's 30KG and we definitely won't have that in a single piece

Appreciate hearing about first-hand experience with this...particularly relatively recently.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 2:20 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
You'll be fine. Luggage allowance will be pooled.
emcampbe likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
You'll be fine. Luggage allowance will be pooled.
thanks.
Old Jun 14, 2023, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Just keep each bag under 23kgs. I've had problems with them in the past trying to pool allowance when a single bag was over 23kgs.
Old Jun 15, 2023, 5:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No problem to pool, we had 15Kg each and were a party of 7. They didn't object to some of the 5 pieces we checked being nearly 20KG in GOI and BOM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.