Wiki Posts
Search

Indigo schedule changes.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2023, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Executive Club Gold
Indigo schedule changes.

Looking for help from anyone who has encountered the same situation on the same airline.

Involuntary schedule change on Indigo Airlines. New time is inconvenient. I want to switch to a more convenient flight same date/different time. All pretty standard. However, Indigo refers me to their 'edit booking' function on their site where they want to charge c.6000 rupees to make the change. On every other occasion when this happens on any other airline I fly on, this is free. I've asked on Indigo's messenger page and am directed to same place on their site.
Old Apr 1, 2023, 7:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Is the schedule change over an hour & a half?
Decca likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

No its 15 minutes but I'm making an international connection and this makes it uncomfortably tight. I'm guessing from your comment that 1.5 hours is the Indigo cut-off policy.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 1:46 am

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
Indigo gave me a free change last month for DEL-BLR due to equipment change . exit row seat picked on original flight went away on new equip so they switched me to an earlier flight.. my TA did this by calling them though - not online..
Old Apr 3, 2023, 5:36 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Decca
No its 15 minutes but I'm making an international connection and this makes it uncomfortably tight. I'm guessing from your comment that 1.5 hours is the Indigo cut-off policy.
I assume the international connection is on a separate ticket. 15 minutes change does not grant any compensation or other benefits to passengers.

Separately, if 15 minutes is all it takes to get you worried about your international connection - you should be looking at options irrespective...

You could call them up and try and make your case...
Old Apr 3, 2023, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Piper, valid points. Yeah, they're separate tickets. Flying in on a BA flight at 330am and connecting to Indigo on a separate ticket at 610 now changed to 555. I had 2 hours 40 minutes to get through immigration and customs and check in for the domestic leg at Chennai and now its down to 2 hours 25 minutes and I'm getting antsy. According to some people, this is still enough time if everything runs smoothly at Chennai. You're right, I should have played it safe and booked the next flight 4 hours later. I usually err on the side of caution but in this case I just anticipate wanting to get to my final destination given the ungodly hour. It does remain the case, however, that every other airline I've flown with offer free rebooking on another flight on same route when the carrier imposed rescheduling isn't convenient.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

Galaticos: I dread calling any airline and much prefer to do it online but I fear your advice may be correct.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 6:15 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
If you have checked baggage and your 6E flight is delayed further you will be in trouble... you should call them.

If your flight lands on time... you probably will be able to make it.

I assume you're familiar with the terminal information and you may have to really scoot to international...
Decca likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2023, 6:21 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Decca
I had 2 hours 40 minutes to get through immigration and customs and check in for the domestic leg at Chennai and now its down to 2 hours 25 minutes and I'm getting antsy. According to some people, this is still enough time if everything runs smoothly at Chennai.
MAA is not reliable, in some cases it goes very bad. They are about to move the international ops to a new building, maybe that will improve things.
Decca likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.