Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Axis Bank Cards (Vistara, Magnus, Burgundy etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2023, 11:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold

Is GiftEdge completely uncapped? For instance would I get 5x on spending 5L on Amazon shopping vouchers today?

As usually the problem is Axis bank. The website very boldy say "no caps". The T&C says Amazon & Flipkart & TataCliq is capped. CS (at least the one I spoke with) says it's uncapped.

Now with points being credited 4 months later this is hard to track.

Anyone with any experience in this?
Old Apr 1, 2023, 12:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, QR/SQ/UK Gold
Amazon SV is capped to 50k per month per registered mobile number
Old Apr 1, 2023, 9:00 pm

Programs: Ex CO/ UA Gold, Hotels.. TBD
Wonder if you'd get more insights at TF instead of FT?
Anish and PiperAtGatesofDawn like this.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Now with points being credited 4 months later this is hard to track.
This 4 month thing is really frustrating. I'm still waiting on bonus points to credit from spends on Travel Edge done in January. The regular points posted within a few days but bonus points have not. Experiences on FT said that they should have posted in 4 weeks, but didn't. A call to Axis said that they would post in 90 days, which expired today & they still haven't posted. Another call to Axis today resulted in the agent telling me that they will post after 120 days so I have to wait another 30 days now.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Keyser
This 4 month thing is really frustrating. I'm still waiting on bonus points to credit from spends on Travel Edge done in January. The regular points posted within a few days but bonus points have not. Experiences on FT said that they should have posted in 4 weeks, but didn't. A call to Axis said that they would post in 90 days, which expired today & they still haven't posted. Another call to Axis today resulted in the agent telling me that they will post after 120 days so I have to wait another 30 days now.
As luck would have it, 5 minutes after my post, the bonus points for my January Travel Edge spends posted to my account. So it took exactly 90 days.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Anish
Amazon SV is capped to 50k per month per registered mobile number
So there is a points cap? Amazon pay & Flipkart @ 10k, Amazon shopping @ 50k & Tatacliq @ 20k? There is no restrictions on the amount of vouchers we purchase like we had with DCB.

Originally Posted by xmlsoa
Wonder if you'd get more insights at TF instead of FT?
What is TF?
Old Apr 2, 2023, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
As luck would have it, 5 minutes after my post, the bonus points for my January Travel Edge spends posted to my account. So it took exactly 90 days.
Hasn't for me as yet.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 11:15 am

Programs: Miles n More Senator ,Marriots Platinum, Hhonors Diamond, Miles n Smile elites,ITA Volare Premium
So there is a points cap? Amazon pay & Flipkart @ 10k, Amazon shopping @ 50k & Tatacliq @ 20k? There is no restrictions on the amount of vouchers we purchase like we had with DCB.

What is TF?
Technofino.. leading community on credit cards in India. All detailed information on credit cards including super premium credit cards given in this forum.
PiperAtGatesofDawn likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 11:55 pm
Original Poster

Is GiftEdge completely uncapped? For instance would I get 5x on spending 5L on Amazon shopping vouchers today?

As usually the problem is Axis bank. The website very boldy say "no caps". The T&C says Amazon & Flipkart & TataCliq is capped. CS (at least the one I spoke with) says it's uncapped.
Answer: The GiftEdge site has stopped allowing purchases of more than the caps mentioned in their T&C... I guess it was an error that they were allowing larger purchases before.

Separately kind of slimey for Axis to say it's "uncapped". Also talked to a 2nd Axis agent who told me "it is capped but we don't know what those caps are!"
Old Apr 3, 2023, 6:41 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, QR/SQ/UK Gold
Yes Gyftr restricts you from crossing the monthly spend caps
Old Apr 3, 2023, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Yes Gyftr restricts you from crossing the monthly spend caps
For whatever reason the limits were not being enforced a few days ago... hence my question.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Amazon Shopping Voucher limit has dropped from 50k to 10k now. That really sucks.

I don't understand why they allow high value transactions for say Croma and not Amazon/Flipkart. Just inconveniencing the customer that's all.
Old Apr 11, 2023, 3:51 am

Amazon Shopping Voucher limit has dropped from 50k to 10k now. That really sucks.
Back up to 25k now
Old Apr 26, 2023, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Back up to 25k now
Amazon Shopping Voucher back to 50k and now Gyftr has a 2.5L limit per month. Which IMHO is a reasonable enough limit. Hope the don't keep lowering the ceiling every few days....
Old Apr 28, 2023, 2:05 am

Yup pretty decent limit! Devaluations are inevitable like Smartbuy and I think Magnus will take the hit first and then Reserve.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.