Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air India moving between classes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2023, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Air India moving between classes

guys - on international flights, how lenient are hostesses for a passenger to move between business & coach. The goal is to book 1 business (for sleep) and 3 coach. The young kids will stay in coach all through while husband/wife will altenate taking care of kids and getting some sleep

Thanks
Old Jan 29, 2023, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Did this once many years ago on a DEL-DXB flight. We were traveling last minute & there were no seats available in business so we booked 4 seats in coach. While checking in there was one seat available in business so we bought that upgrade. My wife stayed in business while me & the kids stayed in coach. But there were a number of times she came over to our seats or we went over to hers during the flight. We of course didn't swap seats at any point during the flight but my younger one (who was 3 or 4 years old at that time) went & sat with my wife for a bit. No one stopped us or asked any questions.
Old Feb 2, 2023, 5:30 am

Programs: Ex CO/ UA Gold, Hotels.. TBD
Originally Posted by sam007
guys - on international flights, how lenient are hostesses for a passenger to move between business & coach. The goal is to book 1 business (for sleep) and 3 coach. The young kids will stay in coach all through while husband/wife will altenate taking care of kids and getting some sleep

Thanks
How young are the kids?
Old Feb 2, 2023, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xmlsoa
How young are the kids?
Old Feb 2, 2023, 2:06 pm

Programs: Ex CO/ UA Gold, Hotels.. TBD
Be sweet, nice and polite to the staff & nearby passengers and they will probably be the same for you on this agenda.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.