Wiki Posts
Search

AI - Really?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2021, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, HH
Angry AI - Really?

I was trying to book a ticket on AI (EWR - DEL) through their website. After entering all the information, the Process Payment does not work. When I called the 888 number listed on their website, they said their "server was down" and to book later. I asked the gentleman if he could book since I was on the phone and their website is not working. Glad to know that AI cannot do that.

Come on AI - is this the way to loose revenue?
Old Mar 15, 2021, 11:53 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You may want to change the thread title to something more useful.

If indeed AI's servers are down, the answer you received is likely the same as you would have received had UA's servers been down when you were trying to book UA.

I doubt that many people cancel a trip to India because their booking takes a bit longer.
LondonElite likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 4:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
My immediate instinct, even without reading your post, was to just write "Yes, really"

But serioiusly-- my experience in purchasing a ticket over the phone with AI was that while you're talking to them, they will send you an email with a link so you can securely enter your credit card info, and they willl then process the purchase. I was told that for security reasons they will NOT take credit card info over the phone. So if their servers were down, they simply could not have helped you.
Often1 and superboi like this.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Maxwell Smart
My immediate instinct, even without reading your post, was to just write "Yes, really"

But serioiusly-- my experience in purchasing a ticket over the phone with AI was that while you're talking to them, they will send you an email with a link so you can securely enter your credit card info, and they willl then process the purchase. I was told that for security reasons they will NOT take credit card info over the phone. So if their servers were down, they simply could not have helped you.
Very logical. But many other airlines do. Perhaps the expectation should be lowered if it is AI.
Old Mar 16, 2021, 6:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
You may want to change the thread title to something more useful.

If indeed AI's servers are down, the answer you received is likely the same as you would have received had UA's servers been down when you were trying to book UA.

I doubt that many people cancel a trip to India because their booking takes a bit longer.
In fact UA servers were also down yesterday, but when I called them, they were able to go ahead with the booking.

I did not cancel my trip, but chose to book elsewhere. Paid a little more than AI though.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i'm surprised every time someone is surprised with ai's incompetence....

its just the way they are & they are never going to change....
galaticos and Beltway2A like this.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 6:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Many payment processing companies have changed their procedures recently, partly due to new regulations (EU PSD2) or simple fraud protection. The US market is far more relaxed which would explain why United will take payment over the phone. While Air India has various flaws, this can hardly be taken as an example.
Old Mar 17, 2021, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

More about AI....my colleague took his first AI flight today (C fare). AI is not accepting UA MP numbers into an AI itinerary. Online he got an error - NO CROSS ACCRUAL AGREEMENT - or something to that effect. Does anybody know what this is?
Old May 5, 2021, 9:04 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
Last year I travelled on AI and earlier this year (Jan) United to India. Many of course criticize AI and rightfully so. But when some one has a bad experience on say United (which is the only nonstop competitor on the US - India routes), I hardly hear any complaints.

While AI is not perfect, I found my trip with AI much more pleasing than UA. I know this is pandemic but food options on United Business were pathetic (DEL-ORD) and IFE even less (no Hindi movies at all on any class of service), only positive thing was they had good seating. AI had all the entertainment, good food options, acceptable seats. I did not have issues getting tickets issued entering FF numbers etc.
Old May 5, 2021, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by acader
More about AI....my colleague took his first AI flight today (C fare). AI is not accepting UA MP numbers into an AI itinerary. Online he got an error - NO CROSS ACCRUAL AGREEMENT - or something to that effect. Does anybody know what this is?
I've often had trouble doing it online. Have provided my UAMP number over the phone or in person, and has worked fine. Just make sure there isn't another FF program number buried somewhere in the reservation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.