Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ai f del-ord

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2021, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Ai f del-ord

Some brief notes about flying to US after the Feb 22 rules.

1. RTPCR test - it’s needed before they will give you the boarding pass and before they let you board. I was asked to show a paper copy at both locations.
2. I got a test report from Lal Path labs which have collection centers around india. My results came in 36 hours.
3. I had a transit through Delhi the day before my ORD flight and I had scheduled a genestrings PCR through the Delhi airport website. However while doing domestic to domestic transit the testing site is not airside and one needs to exit the airport to reach the same.
4. I flew a domestic connection to Del and was met by the concierge provided to F customers.

AI concierge

The international transfer is before the Starbucks and before the domestic baggage claim. However they will not let you use it until 4 hours before your flight and it’s usually one counter open.

the ai concierge recommended to avoid the international transfer and exit through baggage claim to take the elevator upstairs as it’s faster. So I used that opportunity to get another COVID test before my flight and asked him to take me for the same.

The Genestrings site is at the departure drop off level near the road at T3 near pillar 8. It was not very busy and I was able to use my earlier booking to get tested in less than 15 minutes. Cost for INR 800.

They emailed the report in less than 3 hours. Also note in the report it says Rapid PCR not Reverse Transcriptase PCR which is the technically correct term.

Bit of walk from domestic baggage claim

Had to exit the airport completely to city side and take escalator upstairs to walk to pillar 8.

Across pillar 8.

800 INR for 3 hour turn around. Same lab is used for samples for all arrival EU pax.

Rest of the flight was same as previous trip report. Load was 1/4 in F and maybe 60% in J. They asked for masks to be kept on at all time.

I stayed awake long enough to take some pictures.

The only lounge open at International departure is PP. it was packed with multiple flights and everyone was in close proximity without masks eating etc. I moved from there fairly quickly due to their load.

Snacks on boarding

Jalander

One of the most heavily fortified borders. Keeping us safe.

No menu. But simple spice free veg meal.

High tea or masala tea rather

Lunch before landing

Concierge at ORD.

I flew AI F primarily for social distancing and I think it was fine for what I paid for it. Bottom line being make sure you have a RTPCR report within 72 hours of flight time (I know the CDC regs say 3 days but AI wants 72 hr sample collection time prior to international flight).

I brought my own pillow and thin blanket as they don’t really give anything of use. No PJs or Amenity kits either.

I like flying AI and recommend it.

Last edited by rsh913; Mar 8, 2021 at 10:29 am
Old Mar 8, 2021, 11:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
thanks for the report....flying del-iad on ai in another 2 weeks....i wish they had a first class cabin on this flight as i would have gladly paid extra to get more space & distance with other passengers....

i flew the dreamliner between del-dxb last week & the experience was fine for a short 4 hour trip....pillows & blankets were provided but i had brought my own....will be doing the same for the iad flight....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.