Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Transit travel to/from India under the 'air bubble' agreements [ends 27 March 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transit travel to/from India under the 'air bubble' agreements [ends 27 March 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2021, 2:49 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Visa and bubble are two pair of shoes...

It added that foreigners traveling to India via commercial flights will be able to enter on fresh tourist visas starting November 15, 2021.
If they want to remain protectionist that really doesn't mean the bubble will pop.
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 8:03 am

Air India is sold. Only makes sense to stop the bubble nonsense.
galaticos, SamirD and superboi like this.
Old Oct 8, 2021, 11:22 am

Programs: EY
The end of tourist restrictions and the sale of Air India being announced a day apart are likely no coincidence. I believe the ministers earlier had not so subtly said they were keeping the bubbles so that they could get a higher price for Air India (I doubt that it had much effect on the end though).
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2021, 3:21 pm

So can we apply for tourist visa starting Nov 15 or before Nov 15 ? Any news on E Visa ?
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 1:34 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

I think they will restart the evisa process again, I doubt they will go back to the old system, especially since the contracted agencies that used to process all those passports/visa have been disbanded.
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 2:18 pm

Programs: EY
Two more successful DPs

US citizen OCI flying US-India via Abu Dhabi (Etihad) and back. No issues either way or any bubble issues. AUH-IAD flight had only 15 passengers for some reason. Maybe people still think transit passengers are blocked, as that's what the Indian air bubble page still says, even the IATA Timatic page says that I believe. Etihad was actively blocking transit passengers from flying to India via Abu Dhabi as you can see in my posts from this time last year, as the Indian government required it, though only EY was actually enforcing it while EK and QR didn't care. That changed earlier in January for Africa and South America and in March for the rest of the world, according to Etihad's responses on Twitter. Their website no longer makes any reference to any restrictions on transit passengers. However, the MOCA air bubble page still says only transit passengers to Africa/South America are allowed, and I'm betting a lot of travel agents who read that don't want to risk getting their clients unhappy, so direct them to fly direct on Air India (as MOCA wants).

US citizen OCI flying Canada to India via Dubai on Emirates--exclusively US citizen, not a Canadian--relevant because the MOCA air bubble page still says only Canadian passport holders OCIs are permitted from Canada, while from the US it says 'OCIs holding passports of any country' are allowed to board. No issues at departure or on arrival however.

Hopefully with tourist visas opening back up this bubble nonsense will go away, in line with the US opening up for vaccinated passengers, so the big US-India travel corridor, the lifeblood of the ME3, can reopen properly.
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 5:12 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by rdurlabhji
Scheduled to travel ORD-DOH-DEL in mid November. OCI holder, US citizen, fully moderna'ed. Planning on taking a RTPCR before my trip. Any anticipated trouble?
I don't think so. Just make sure you forms are filled out and you have an Indian cell phone number to get your test results link if they have testing at the airport and a debit card that works intl or carry Rs for payment.
Old Oct 12, 2021, 8:15 pm

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
Sources in MoCA inform SQ to start regular flights from December and accept connecting pax..
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 8:34 am

Programs: Aeroplan75K, BASilver
Yyz-lhr-blr

My family (Indian citizens) is planning to travel from Toronto to bengaluru on BA transiting through heathrow. Is it better to travel after Nov 15 or before is okay? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 8:39 am

Right now you should be OK, no one is checking the bubble stuff right now.
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Right now you should be OK, no one is checking the bubble stuff right now.
thank you very much. The rules for testing on arrival and quarantine still stand though right?
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by smangalam
thank you very much. The rules for testing on arrival and quarantine still stand though right?
10 day mandatory quarantine removed today for pax arriving from / via UK.

Only test on arrival...
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by galaticos
10 day mandatory quarantine removed today for pax arriving from / via UK.

Only test on arrival...
that’s great to hear. Can you kindly send me the link to this news item? It’s my parents who are traveling and would like to know.
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by smangalam
that’s great to hear. Can you kindly send me the link to this news item? It’s my parents who are traveling and would like to know.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/wap.bus...1300767_1.html
SamirD likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2021, 7:46 pm

thank you!!!
SamirD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.