Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Transit travel to/from India under the 'air bubble' agreements [ends 27 March 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transit travel to/from India under the 'air bubble' agreements [ends 27 March 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2022, 4:27 pm

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
Originally Posted by venk
BA has also put up an explicit notice of bubble enforcement on their India home page. I don’t remember seeing this before.

https://www.britishairways.com/trave.../public/en_in/
Been there for a while..
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by galaticos
Been there for a while..
Sometime in 2022.

This is what they had through end of 2021 not the current “we will enforce bubble rules”.

https://web.archive.org/web/20211128.../public/en_in/

No crawls in 2022 to see when they changed.
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 10:13 pm

So what does ending of the bubble mean? That one can fly routes between India and the US via European hubs on European carriers like it was before the pandemic?

I would like to fly BOM-CDG-SFO-AMS-BOM on Air France and KLM. This would have been prohibited by the bubble, but after March 27, it will be allowed again. Is my understanding correct?
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2022, 11:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP HH GOLD EY GOLD
Originally Posted by link_traversal
So what does ending of the bubble mean? That one can fly routes between India and the US via European hubs on European carriers like it was before the pandemic?

I would like to fly BOM-CDG-SFO-AMS-BOM on Air France and KLM. This would have been prohibited by the bubble, but after March 27, it will be allowed again. Is my understanding correct?
Yes, that's correct but with rising cases in Europe... I'll belive it when it see it
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 7:21 am

I am planning a trip to visit my kids in USA in May 2022. I am a Indian national holding a visitors visa, so would it be okay to get a British Airways ticket as I am very confused with the air bubble restrictions. Please advise
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 7:22 am

Mumbai-London-USA

I am planning a trip to visit my kids in USA in May 2022. I am a Indian national holding a visitors visa, so would it be okay to get a British Airways ticket as I am very confused with the air bubble restrictions. Please advise
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 8:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
All the bubble restriction end this weekend, so don't bother studying them. Starting April you can travel to India however way you used to.

QR has filed their flights to India starting mid April: they are going in big. CCU went from 2-3 A320 flights a week to B788 or A359 daily. As a result ticket prices have fallen off a cliff.
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
All the bubble restriction end this weekend, so don't bother studying them. Starting April you can travel to India however way you used to.

QR has filed their flights to India starting mid April: they are going in big. CCU went from 2-3 A320 flights a week to B788 or A359 daily. As a result ticket prices have fallen off a cliff.
Then why hasn't LH Group filed daily flights to their hubs ex-BOM?
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 10:38 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

DEL goes daily to FRA in May, MUC comes back in full force only in June. MUC is short the planned A346 which took a while to get reactivated so their A359 fleet is stretched.
BOM goes daily to FRA starting June, MUC resumes in April but stays 3x till the winter season.
BLR goes daily to FRA starting June, MUC seems to be on the cards...
MAA comes back 3x in May

Considering the EU3 are ramping up their frequencies across the atlantic, they are bound to tap into the Indian markets again to fill the back of the bus to pay for the fuel. The ME3 are back too (EK is going in with 2-3 dailies into all the cities they had before), so the eternal battle resumes...
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
DEL goes daily to FRA in May, MUC comes back in full force only in June. MUC is short the planned A346 which took a while to get reactivated so their A359 fleet is stretched.
BOM goes daily to FRA starting June, MUC resumes in April but stays 3x till the winter season.
BLR goes daily to FRA starting June, MUC seems to be on the cards...
MAA comes back 3x in May

Considering the EU3 are ramping up their frequencies across the atlantic, they are bound to tap into the Indian markets again to fill the back of the bus to pay for the fuel. The ME3 are back too (EK is going in with 2-3 dailies into all the cities they had before), so the eternal battle resumes...
Flights are going packed and they are still not doing daily frequencies? It's quite bad for us that rely on *A - especially with United canceling their flight as well...
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 10:45 am

So would it be okay for Indian national with a US visitor visa to fly to USA via London on British Airways in May? I want to book tickets but am worried about airlines cancelling last minute
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 10:48 am

No problem at all, all restrictions end this weekend.
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 10:58 am

No problem at all, all restrictions end this weekend.
That is awesome, I'll wait until this weekend and then book
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2022, 8:26 pm

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
Time to close this thread maybe on 26th at 23.59?

bubbles helped till about end of second wave I guess, after that - just hurdles
Old Mar 24, 2022, 9:44 pm

Tip: If you are traveling from India on the first few days after 26th on a flight that was bubble restricted before, recommend carrying a printout of the DGCA order or a soft copy of it with you. You never know if you might need it to argue with. Just saying….

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.