Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Transit travel to/from India under the 'air bubble' agreements [ends 27 March 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transit travel to/from India under the 'air bubble' agreements [ends 27 March 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2022, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Just completed a DEL-SHJ-DEL trip & it feels like we are almost back to pre-Covid times.

No RT-PCR test required at check-in in DEL. They just asked to see the vaccine certificate. There was no arrival testing in SHJ when I landed. I was out of the airport in 15 minutes from the time I landed.

On the way back there was no testing required & the Air Suvidha website approved the vaccine certificate immediately when I uploaded it. At check-in in SHJ they just asked to see the Air Suvidha form & vaccine certificate. There was no testing upon landing in DEL & once again I was out of the airport in under 15 minutes.

Just waiting now for the announcement on resumption of regular scheduled international flights. That should happen over the next 7-10 days.
kyushuman, SamirD and superboi like this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 1:30 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Right now the Minister is busy flying to Romania and rescuing students for PR, no time to sign announcements.
SamirD and superboi like this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Right now the Minister is busy flying to Romania and rescuing students for PR, no time to sign announcements.
The PR exercise was because there were ongoing elections in 5 states, including UP, which is the biggest. Voting came to an end yesterday so I expect the PR exercise to be over very soon.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 5:36 am

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
https://m.economictimes.com/nri/visi...w/90078951.cms

Regular flights to start from March 27.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by piyush
https://m.economictimes.com/nri/visi...w/90078951.cms

Regular flights to start from March 27.
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 7:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The bubble will pop. The official letter:

kyushuman, SamirD and superboi like this.
Old Mar 8, 2022, 9:38 am

The bubble will pop. The official letter:

https://twitter.com/DGCAIndia/status...79980910239744
I have learnt to Lve these phrases:
Competent Authority
Amended from time to time

Well, overall we are heading in the right direction. Thats good.
kyushuman and SamirD like this.
Old Mar 13, 2022, 7:57 pm

Perfect timing---infections are going up in the UK and several other European countries. New surge.

SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 6:29 am

This ls like Nov 2021 before Omicron. Bubble babus must be rubbing their hands with glee at the prospect of extended ban.

I guess we won’t know until Mar 28th whether the ban will be lifted or continued. Need to watch India infection numbers.
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 7:12 am

ET came out with a weird survey today 🤦‍♂️

About three out of every four Indians are against a full-fledged reopening of international flights from later this month, as several countries are experiencing a surge in Covid-19 cases, showed a survey by a social media platform. The Localcircles survey received 12,618 responses from citizens residing in 294 districts. Of the respondents, 44% were from the country's top cities. The survey was conducted after the government said regular international flights from India would resume on March 27.
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/90189775.cms
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems unlikely.

From the look of things now, three out of every four Indians have probably forgotten that Covid ever existed.
TravellingMan likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 9:09 am

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Originally Posted by Keyser
Seems unlikely.

From the look of things now, three out of every four Indians have probably forgotten that Covid ever existed.
I agree. Walking around, there is hardly a mask or social distancing. They have forgotten all about COVID and moved on.

But if you do wear a mask, I have not come across a single person objecting to it or making fun of it. (That is a US phenomenon)
SamirD likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:02 am

This is what happens when incompetent national and state governments scapegoat international travelers constantly. All these arbitrary and constantly changing rules of testing, home quarantine, bubble, random restrictions on inter-state flights etc. make international travelers seem like the main culprits for covid spread.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:23 am

Not at all surprising.

They should have correlated with respondants that have never flown internationally and it will likely show a majority of the 75% that want the ban in that group.

1. People always choose to prefer restrictions on others or on things that don’t affect them personally if they believe such restrictions has the slightest chance of benefitting them. It is like asking people who have never done general aviation if they support a ban on general aviation planes anywhere near their cities. Of course, they do.

2. Looking at some of the social media groups discussing travel ban, there are a lot of people in the above group that believe international flights are taken only by the rich or primarily by NRIs and support the ban with a feeling of schadenfreude.

3. The survey may have been “sponsored” by the Bubble Babus who want it back or by Air India.

The timing and the way the article is phrased is curious in that there may be some lobbying going on to scuttle the opening up at end of month. A populist administration is always sensitive to such opinion polls. Several groups come to mind as to who might be lobbying.

The current surge in BA.2 across Europe (that most people in the survey are probably unaware of) might become the plausible reason. The administration, so far, has shown little concern for the tourism industry that is on life support.
Old Mar 14, 2022, 10:32 am

BA has also put up an explicit notice of bubble enforcement on their India home page. I don’t remember seeing this before.

https://www.britishairways.com/trave.../public/en_in/
SamirD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.