Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Transit travel to/from India under the 'air bubble' agreements [ends 27 March 2022]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transit travel to/from India under the 'air bubble' agreements [ends 27 March 2022]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2021, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
i have never printed out my air suvidha form & have always either showed it to them on my tab or phone....no colour confusion that way....
So in your experience printing the Air Suvidha is not needed? Showing on the phone is enough? Thats good to know since I dont have a color printer and the test results will come last minute.
SamirD likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 10:27 am

Programs: EY
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Bubble nonsense continues till omicron is over : rolleyes:

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com...w/88277270.cms
I honestly think the bubble nonsense will be over on January 31, after Air India is completely sold off to Tata. At that point the goverment has no financial interest in restricting flights and pushing people to Air India like they are doing now.
SamirD likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by kyushuman
Exactly the same experience as the ex-UK friend of yours as my partner, coming from USA-AMS-BOM.
So he gave sample and was allowed to leave? Any other formalities? How long did it take for the results?
SamirD likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 9:57 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by GK7
Just landed in BLR. US Citizen with OCI. SFO-DXB-BLR on Emirates. Printed air Suvidha form, RT-PCR form were checked at both SFO and at DXB counters. In BLR, all they asked was the printed air Suvidha form and the boarding pass. They kept the first page of the form, put a stamp on the boarding pass. This stamp was checked at the immigration counter and right after you come out of customs. I was out of the airport in less than 20 mins.
Great data point! Thank you!
Old Dec 16, 2021, 12:15 am

I just filled up my Air Suvidha for travel into Mumbai this weekend (no history of travel to or via at-risk countries) and have received my Green coded confirmation. However, the email also says that Government of Maharashtra requires me to pre-book a test on arrival and gives links to the policy (the old 30NOV21 policy that was superceded) as well as the testing centers booking systems.

Presumably this is just an outdated link and nothing has changed again in Mumbai since yesterday?
SamirD likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by bobby21
So in your experience printing the Air Suvidha is not needed? Showing on the phone is enough? Thats good to know since I dont have a color printer and the test results will come last minute.
keep in mind though that i have not had any international travel for the last one month so no clue how they are treating passengers now....but over the last year i've never printed the form....
SamirD likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
keep in mind though that i have not had any international travel for the last one month so no clue how they are treating passengers now....but over the last year i've never printed the form....
The confirmation email says that either hard/soft copy is acceptable.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by B747-437B
great to know that thanks
Old Dec 16, 2021, 9:42 am

Programs: SPG, AA, United
Originally Posted by B747-437B
It was in India that I had issues checking in, and even getting in BLR with it on a phone. People with paper breezed through. Check-in took 30 minutes longer due to having to email the document. It would have been 5 minutes with paper. ymmv, but paper for its portability and ease is always worth carrying imo.
Old Dec 16, 2021, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by SamirD
It was in India that I had issues checking in, and even getting in BLR with it on a phone. People with paper breezed through. Check-in took 30 minutes longer due to having to email the document. It would have been 5 minutes with paper. ymmv, but paper for its portability and ease is always worth carrying imo.
yes, one time a cop at the door would not let me into the airport without a paper ticket. Then I had to make some noise and call his boss, who had to check some passenger manifest of all airlines flying out that evening - and luckily he found my name, so that allowed the rules to let me in. Paper always works!
SamirD likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2021, 7:57 am

Programs: Free checked in bag on UA & DL. Free icecream at Marriott checkin.
Another data point

I had a relative who flew ORD-DEL on UA over the weekend. They checked Air Suvidha and RT-PCR results on his phone (he did not bother printing them) during check in at United. Then after he landed they asked for Air Suvidha (showed it on his phone) as he disembarked and then stamped his boarding pass. The "stamped" boarding pass was checked couple of times on his way through the airport and then he exited without any further issues. It seems the folks in DEL airport were looking for the green mark on the Air Suvidha form to indicate he is free to go.

BTW DEL is quite cold so do wear your fleece and shoes.
SamirD likes this.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 12:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Please post your data points in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/indi...a-covid19.html

This one is just for the bubble nonsense...
SamirD likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2021, 7:35 am

Effective today 24DEC21, all travelers that originate or transit on flights via Dubai into Mumbai will have to quarantine for 7 days upon arrival.

This only applies for travelers from Dubai (not other airports in UAE) and only to Mumbai (not other airports in India).

The quarantine further applies if traveling onward to another destination within Maharashtra state.

https://www.india.com/maharashtra/ma...-here-5154088/
SamirD likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 9:37 pm

Hello,
I am USC, OCI holder who has tickets booked from Hyderabad to Charlotte via AUH and MUC on Etihad/American.
The ticket is an American Award ticket but the carrier for the first 2 legs is Etihad.
Am I allowed to transit via AUH, considering the below bubble agreement, as there is no mention on ability to transit out of UAE for OCI holders / foreign nationals :
A. From India to UAE:

i. UAE nationals.

ii. ICA approved UAE residents.

iii. Any Indian national or national of Nepal or Bhutan destined for UAE or any country in South America or Africa only and holding a valid visa of the destination country. It would be for the airlines concerned to ensure that there is no travel restriction for Indian/Nepalese/Bhutanese nationals to enter the destination country before issue of ticket/boarding pass to the Indian/Nepalese/Bhutanese passenger.
SamirD likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2021, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
Originally Posted by speri007
Hello,
I am USC, OCI holder who has tickets booked from Hyderabad to Charlotte via AUH and MUC on Etihad/American.
The ticket is an American Award ticket but the carrier for the first 2 legs is Etihad.
Am I allowed to transit via AUH, considering the below bubble agreement, as there is no mention on ability to transit out of UAE for OCI holders / foreign nationals :
A. From India to UAE:

i. UAE nationals.

ii. ICA approved UAE residents.

iii. Any Indian national or national of Nepal or Bhutan destined for UAE or any country in South America or Africa only and holding a valid visa of the destination country. It would be for the airlines concerned to ensure that there is no travel restriction for Indian/Nepalese/Bhutanese nationals to enter the destination country before issue of ticket/boarding pass to the Indian/Nepalese/Bhutanese passenger.
AFAIK, foreign citizens have no issues.. anyway nobody is enforcing bubble.. my parents, USC and OCI, travelled on QR recently (1 week back) US-INDIA-US without a single question
SamirD and speri007 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.