Wiki Posts
Search

Overnight layover at SIN

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2020, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Overnight layover at SIN

Hi have a query regarding transit through SIN
Does the visa free transit facility for Indians at SIN allow for overnight layovers?
I plan to book BOM-SEA via SIN on SQ
on the following itinerary
SQ 421 BOM-SIN ETA SIN 1950
SQ 28 SIN-SEA ETD SIN 0925 (+1)
Roughly a 13 hour layover but it is overnight. Will this itinerary qualify for the VFTF? Nothing in the T&Cs laid out by ICA expressly prohibits this but I am in doubt because of the overnight angle. Will I be required to show a hotel booking etc?
I am an Indian passport holder with a valid US B1/B2, I don’t have a Singapore visa though.

Last edited by bigapple07; Jan 29, 2020 at 10:46 pm
Old Jan 30, 2020, 1:22 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by bigapple07
Hi have a query regarding transit through SIN
Does the visa free transit facility for Indians at SIN allow for overnight layovers?
I plan to book BOM-SEA via SIN on SQ
on the following itinerary
SQ 421 BOM-SIN ETA SIN 1950
SQ 28 SIN-SEA ETD SIN 0925 (+1)
Roughly a 13 hour layover but it is overnight. Will this itinerary qualify for the VFTF? Nothing in the T&Cs laid out by ICA expressly prohibits this but I am in doubt because of the overnight angle. Will I be required to show a hotel booking etc?
I am an Indian passport holder with a valid US B1/B2, I don’t have a Singapore visa though.
You should be ok on the above itinerary. There's a 96 hour time limit for the "Visa free Transit Facility". Your well within the time limit.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 3:44 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
You'll get a 3 day visa. So yes overnight is never a problem.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
You'll get a 3 day visa. So yes overnight is never a problem.
Thanks for confirming PiperAtGatesofDawn

SQ offers a 1 night stopover package for SGD 41 that can be booked as an addon to this itinerary this includes a 1 night hotel stay and 1 way airport transfer...seems like a terrific value. Has anyone tried this?
Old Jan 31, 2020, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
SQ offers a 1 night stopover package for SGD 41 that can be booked as an addon to this itinerary this includes a 1 night hotel stay and 1 way airport transfer...seems like a terrific value. Has anyone tried this?
have never tried that but have stopped in singapore twice over the last one year without a visa on my way back to india from the us....the first time was for a night & the second time was for 2 days....works very well....
Old Feb 2, 2020, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
have never tried that but have stopped in singapore twice over the last one year without a visa on my way back to india from the us....the first time was for a night & the second time was for 2 days....works very well....
Buried in the fine print it says the stopover deal is applicable only if the layover is a minimum of 24 hours .....So I guess i’ll try what you did.

SQ flies the A350 SIN-SEA hope to try that.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Buried in the fine print it says the stopover deal is applicable only if the layover is a minimum of 24 hours .....So I guess i’ll try what you did.

SQ flies the A350 SIN-SEA hope to try that.
the first time i did this was definitely under 24 hours....i got in around 6am & left around 2am....
Old Feb 4, 2020, 6:00 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
the first time i did this was definitely under 24 hours....i got in around 6am & left around 2am....
I think he means the $41 deal... you can step out of SIN even to just say "hello" to relatives in the arrivals area while you're in transit.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
I think he means the $41 deal... you can step out of SIN even to just say "hello" to relatives in the arrivals area while you're in transit.
got it....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.