Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL Issued Ticket on 9W

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2019, 11:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Thats part of the bilateral agreements they usually sign. Airlines usually present the bill for performing a service to the agency that issued the ticket after performing the service. In the revenue world this is done over the IATA BSP clearing house and agencies can issue tickets because the BSP holds a bank guarantee to cover the amount of tickets they issue. In award tickets a similar tally is kept that is defined in the bilateral.
Thanks for the insight Oliver. Although it has done more to unnerve me, than to sooth my nerves!

The service will be performed, when I fly the operating airline, which is 7 months down the line. I can now only pray that Jet Privilege survives until then to pay the operating airlines, I will be flying.
Old May 2, 2019, 12:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Call DL now and ask if they will honor this reservation. If they say no, then call JP, it seems they are offering replacement tickets for now.
Old May 2, 2019, 1:47 am

Programs: SQ QPP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Taj Inner Circle Gold
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg333

Thanks for the insight Oliver. Although it has done more to unnerve me, than to sooth my nerves!

The service will be performed, when I fly the operating airline, which is 7 months down the line. I can now only pray that Jet Privilege survives until then to pay the operating airlines, I will be flying.
You must have read my case also in the other thread you started. This is my understanding on partner award tickets for now:

1. You can leave it as it is like you want and pray that 7 months down the line, jet airways survives and the 589 tickets are valid again.
2. You can call or draw their attention to your ticket like I did and then they offer either a refund or a replacement ticket to be issued with other airlines. Refund is useless obviously. Reissued to other airlines means you will be safe. Note that once they know, they will want to replace your ticket whether you like it or not. And they have already cancelled my booking without having the new booking done yet.
3. They offer me tickets based on what is available on their current jet privilege booking engine. So i had a first class ticket but no first class available these days. So unless you have a first class ticket, you should get your replacement ticket now. You can check your options using the booking engine. For my case, it is exactly matching what they offer.
4. All 589 tickets are currently not valid for travel due to the IATA suspension and they can't transact or settle payments. If you have an upcoming flight, you probably can't check in, and can fly only at the discretion of the operating airline.

All the best.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.