Is there any point to Jetprivilege Silver?

Old Feb 4, 19, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Guest, JetBlue TrueBlue, Avianca LifeMiles, KLM FlyingBlue
Is there any point to Jetprivilege Silver?

I'm serious it seems like you basically have no perks. The only worthwhile thing I saw was 1 upgrade pass or something for the whole year.
Old Feb 4, 19, 7:36 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Slightly more miles earned, slightly more luggage allowance on certain fare types, lounge access in AUH.

Mind you this is fairly standard for most Silver level FFPs.
Old Feb 5, 19, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn View Post
Slightly more miles earned, slightly more luggage allowance on certain fare types, lounge access in AUH.

Mind you this is fairly standard for most Silver level FFPs.
BA Silver gets you business lounge access for yourself + guest, priority check-in, priority boarding, plus the standard of more miles earned, luggage, etc.
Old Feb 5, 19, 3:29 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by JamesKidd View Post
BA Silver gets you business lounge access for yourself + guest, priority check-in, priority boarding, plus the standard of more miles earned, luggage, etc.
Yes and LH & EY offers lounge access too. But what's your point? For every airline you can show me that offers lounge access... I can show you 2 that don't! So for your BA I raise you DL & AA. And let me toss in UA, AK, AI and SQ to cover LH & EY. Of course 9W Silver does have access to the EY lounges whatever that's worth.

Limited point I was trying to make there is that the Silver level programs (25K miles) usually don't get a lot of benefits. 9W's FFP isn't the best in the world neither does it fall short on many counts. It's an average silver FFP.
Old Feb 5, 19, 7:09 am

9W's FFP isn't the best in the world neither does it fall short on many counts. It's an average silver FFP.
I don't know about that - mileage redemption requirements are grotesquely high. I suppose you could say there's no YQ, but still, high enough to make the value of a JP mile ridiculously low. And are you sure about Silvers getting EY lounge access? I thought it was Gold and above.
Old Feb 5, 19, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by L_D_M View Post
I don't know about that - mileage redemption requirements are grotesquely high. I suppose you could say there's no YQ, but still, high enough to make the value of a JP mile ridiculously low. And are you sure about Silvers getting EY lounge access? I thought it was Gold and above.
We were discussing Silver tier benefits not programme value. I have plenty of grievances about their redemption requirements but we'll leave that for a separate thread.

And Silver does get lounge access according to this https://www.jetprivilege.com/rewards...gnition/silver at AUH. Unless they've changed that rule but I don't think they have.
Old Feb 5, 19, 11:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
9w silver isn't something i would go out of my way to get....if you are going to earn it anyway then some extra points & baggage allowance helps but its nothing to write home about....
Old Feb 6, 19, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Guest, JetBlue TrueBlue, Avianca LifeMiles, KLM FlyingBlue
Lounge access for jetprivilege Silver members at AUH no longer exists. I have to say its really bottom of the barrel perks if that. Whats even the point of flying frequently with them? I don't know what the op-up frequency is with them as a silver member but as Delta silver medallion (because that was mentioned as one with not so great perks) it was quite a good ratio.
Old Feb 6, 19, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by sherkhan View Post
Lounge access for jetprivilege Silver members at AUH no longer exists. I have to say its really bottom of the barrel perks if that. Whats even the point of flying frequently with them? I don't know what the op-up frequency is with them as a silver member but as Delta silver medallion (because that was mentioned as one with not so great perks) it was quite a good ratio.
It really depends on what your goals are. Most people don't aspire or aim for 9W Silver. People look at it as step towards achieving gold.

And op-ups are a very US concept - although I'd be surprised if you got many as a DL SM.
Old Feb 6, 19, 7:01 pm

I don't know what the op-up frequency is with them as a silver member but as Delta silver medallion (because that was mentioned as one with not so great perks) it was quite a good ratio.
I'm not really all that frequent a flier. I must have got ~5 op-ups in the last six years, during which I've been Gold, Platinum and now Gold again, with them. And at least one of those was a "service recovery" upgrade and not a real op-up.
Old Feb 7, 19, 2:05 am

If you've got another options on the route you usually fly, should seriously consider that. I wouldn't hold out much hope for Jet's FFP programme. Both Jet and it's key partner/shareholder Etihad have lost a sense of direction and do not have a clear strategy
Old Feb 7, 19, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by L_D_M View Post
I'm not really all that frequent a flier. I must have got ~5 op-ups in the last six years, during which I've been Gold, Platinum and now Gold again, with them. And at least one of those was a "service recovery" upgrade and not a real op-up.
5-6 op ups on 9W! That's impressive. And how are you not a frequent flier but platinum?
Old Feb 7, 19, 11:20 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Jet's silver is not anything to write home about.. just the one upgrade voucher.. but to be fair, getting a silver status in Jet is really really easy.. as few as 4 flights in premier, or 5 in economy can get you silver.. so it's tough to expect something out of a status, that can be gained in 5 flights..
PiperAtGatesofDawn likes this.
Old Feb 7, 19, 6:56 pm

And how are you not a frequent flier but platinum?
I meant not a frequent flier by the standards of this board. I would just about make the grade for status every year. No longer Platinum, nor do I care to be. And I don't think I'll cry much when my Gold status goes away either.

Search this Thread