Community
Wiki Posts
Search

the immigration

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

the immigration

where will be the immigration happen for Air India flights which are starting from Vi
Old Jan 22, 2019, 7:47 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Vi? What flights/routes are you taking?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
what is vi????
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: UA Gold, UK Silver, AA Silver
Considering three airports starting with V, I would guess the port of final departure out of India will have immigration. But do enlighten us which airport you were referring to. I will guess vizag though 😄
Old Jan 26, 2019, 3:38 pm

I'm struggling to understand why this would even matter, except perhaps to factor in sufficient time for a domestic connection?

But the answer would be: the airport where you board the first international flight. Domestic connections don't count, even if you are ultimately going to "phoren"
Old Jan 26, 2019, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by zeebanker
I'm struggling to understand why this would even matter, except perhaps to factor in sufficient time for a domestic connection?

But the answer would be: the airport where you board the first international flight. Domestic connections don't count, even if you are ultimately going to "phoren"
There are a number of Air India flights where immigration formalities are performed at the point of departure of the domestic flight segment if one is changing to an international flight segment in BOM or DEL. That is why the other posters, who know more than you do about this, are asking for additional details.

India is not the only country that mixes domestic and international (post-immigration) passengers in the same flight.

Last edited by SeeBuyFly; Jan 26, 2019 at 5:38 pm
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
There are a number of Air India flights where immigration formalities are performed at the point of departure of the domestic flight segment if one is changing to an international flight segment in BOM or DEL. That is why the other posters, who know more than you do about this, are asking for additional details.

India is not the only country that mixes domestic and international (post-immigration) passengers in the same flight.
Okaaay, I'll bite. I did miss the AI part, but my question still stands. Why does it matter where the immigration formalities take place? Honest question.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by zeebanker
Okaaay, I'll bite. I did miss the AI part, but my question still stands. Why does it matter where the immigration formalities take place? Honest question.
Can't speak for the OP, but some people want to know if they can go get dinner at Karim's during the stopover in Delhi. Others may just be eager to be prepared for everything. This is FT, we exchange information here, much of it useless. Although the OP was carried off by wolves just as he was typing the name of the departure airport, so he'll never be back.
joejones and puchong like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.