Wiki Posts
Search

Air india

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2018, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Air india

Hi

i am travelling from canada toronto to Hyderabad.

1. Canada to London HEATHROW (AI 7312)
2. HEATHROW to MUMBAI, INDIA (AI 130) : Terminal 2
3. MUMBAI, INDIA to HYDERABAD , INDIA (AI 615) : Terminal 2 Dom and intl

my question is
as per agent/travel desk my baggage is checked in till end destination Hyderabad and immigration will taken place at Mumbai.

1. if i buy liquor from duty free in canada will india customs allow to carry from mumbai to hyderabad in hand baggage or i have to check in.
or
2. if i buy in mumbai, will customs allow me take as hand baggage or i have to check in
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:33 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No baggage needs to be collected in Mumbai and taken thru customs. You can put the liquor in the checked luggage at that point.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oliver2002
No baggage needs to be collected in Mumbai and taken thru customs. You can put the liquor in the checked luggage at that point.
Thanks for reply.
what is the limit of liquor i can take from international (i heard limit is 2 liters) and in domestic it will me (6 liters) is it true.
in my check in baggage there will be 750 ML (2 bottles), while moving to domestic can i buy one more 1L and check in my baggage ?.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Thanks for reply.

i am carrying 750 ML two bottles from canada in checkin baggage, while moving to domestic in india (mumbai) can i buy one more bottle and check in
Old Dec 14, 2018, 4:02 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Yes There is a rather large duty free store just after immigration you have to walk thru before getting to your luggage.you can easily repack and then go thru customs. Indian customs is not really after liquor so they won't bother you.

Note the duty free stores in India are not really cheap even compared to retail in the U.S. or Europe.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
keep in mind that if you buy the bottles in bom then you won't be allowed to carry them as hand luggage for your flight to hyd....
Old Dec 24, 2018, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by tst001
Thanks for reply.
what is the limit of liquor i can take from international (i heard limit is 2 liters) and in domestic it will me (6 liters) is it true.
in my check in baggage there will be 750 ML (2 bottles), while moving to domestic can i buy one more 1L and check in my baggage ?.
Total limit is 2 ltrs per passenger.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 12:22 am

AirIndia - Make Us an Offer for Biz Class upgrade. How much is good?

Got a BOM - LHR leg in economy coming up on AIr India and they just sent an email offering a biz class upgrade. The way it works is that I have to put in an offer and if it gets accepted I get the upgrade. If it doesn't, I keep my original seat.

I'm flying on a United mileage ticket and I'm not sure how much would have a decent chance of securing the upgrade. Any data points I can benchmark against? I was thinking somewhere between $250-500 might be good for a 10 hour flight.
Old Nov 18, 2021, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by markman99
Got a BOM - LHR leg in economy coming up on AIr India and they just sent an email offering a biz class upgrade. The way it works is that I have to put in an offer and if it gets accepted I get the upgrade. If it doesn't, I keep my original seat.

I'm flying on a United mileage ticket and I'm not sure how much would have a decent chance of securing the upgrade. Any data points I can benchmark against? I was thinking somewhere between $250-500 might be good for a 10 hour flight.
if i remember correctly, ai used to charge around $1k to upgrade from economy to business on this route....
Old Nov 20, 2021, 1:19 pm

Bid the minimum possible. They will give you the Upgrade before they Upgrade someone for free.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 4:21 pm

Thanks... I ended up not bidding as the minimum bid was around $500

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.