Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Trouble confirming preferred seats on Air India e-commerce website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2017, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE

Wow, the Air India e-commerce website is making AC.com look like the most convenient, well-designed, user-friendly, feature-packed airline website ever.

Preferred seatings are available and quite cheap too - 500 INR (less than 11 CAD) for a 95 minutes flight - BUT cannot be selected at the time of booking as they are chargeable seats. You need to call in to add them. Grr. I will try my luck at the airport.
Old May 1, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by jasdou
Wow, the Air India e-commerce website is making AC.com look like the most convenient, well-designed, user-friendly, feature-packed airline website ever.

Preferred seatings are available and quite cheap too - 500 INR (less than 11 CAD) for a 95 minutes flight - BUT cannot be selected at the time of booking as they are chargeable seats. You need to call in to add them. Grr. I will try my luck at the airport.
Not sure if you're doing Domestic or Intl but if you're going to talk to them at the airport you may as well know about their fixed price LMU program too which is very very reasonable.

domestic - http://www.airindia.in/domestic-airport-upgrades.htm

Intl (click at bottom to see prices for country) - http://www.airindia.in/airport_upgrades.htm
Old May 1, 2017, 7:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

As this is about Air India it's been relocated from the Air Canada forum to the India based airline forum for further discussion.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Old May 1, 2017, 8:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
Not sure if you're doing Domestic or Intl but if you're going to talk to them at the airport you may as well know about their fixed price LMU program too which is very very reasonable.

domestic - http://www.airindia.in/domestic-airport-upgrades.htm

Intl (click at bottom to see prices for country) - http://www.airindia.in/airport_upgrades.htm
Thanks Sean, I didn't know about that. Flying DEL-AMD so I will look into this.
Old May 1, 2017, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Grr. I will try my luck at the airport.
they probably won't charge you for the seat if its still available during check-in....i do this pretty much every week....
Old May 8, 2017, 10:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Gold, *Gold, Skyteam E+
Originally Posted by Keyser
they probably won't charge you for the seat if its still available during check-in....i do this pretty much every week....
Is it possible to do so during OLCI or do I need to request at the airport?
Old May 9, 2017, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by LAXR202W
Is it possible to do so during OLCI or do I need to request at the airport?
request it at the airport....
Old May 17, 2017, 9:51 pm

Did you manage to get this to work? I have an itinerary that I booked with United miles and they told me that they can't put me into a chargeable seat because the ticket stock is 016.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.