Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Comparison of full service or discount airlines - domestic India flights?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2016, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum

The 3 of us are coming from abroad to India around the holiday season, and then going abroad. This means we will easily have 20 kg or more, per suit case.
We will have a purse/computer bag plus one additional item in terms of hand luggage.

We will fly these last 2 segments in the last week of Dec.

We will fly on two domestic segments (Mumbai-Jaipur; Jaipur-Del).

Both segments are serviced by Jet, AI, Indigo.

One of 2 segments serviced by Go Air; second segment served by Spice Air.

Most expensive airline is AI; cheapest are the discount airlines - usually Indigo.

We will try not to go early in the morning; we do not want to worry about fog delays, if possible.

What airline would you take?
Old Nov 24, 2016, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i have had my fair share of problems with indigo & haven't flown them in years but my colleagues claim they are the best of the lot when it comes to the low cost carriers....

do you have any status with any star alliance carrier????that would help you with your luggage issue....

all in all, i generally stick to either ai or 9w but because these flights are very short i would suggest you go with whatever is cheapest....
Old Nov 26, 2016, 7:30 am

Indian law requires all Indian airlines to offer minimum of 15 kg checked in bag + 7 kg handbag free.

Air India - only one to offer 20kg checked in bag. Good if you are good Star Alliance status holder. Best of luck with their IT systems - booking, changing and cancelling flights through their website is horrible.

Indigo - best network, frequency and on time performance. However only 15kg bags included like all others except AI. Pay for more luggage and food.

All others are more or less same in terms of prices, on time performance and service. The only difference for less frequent traveler in India between LCC & FSC is meals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.