Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Can't find an OTA to book a valid itinenrary...help.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2016, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

I am trying to book JAI - DIU on 12/5/16, based on the Min Connect Time in BOM there is one valid same day itinerary that works....besides makemytrip.com, i can't get any other OTA to price it....any thoughts on why?

JAI - BOM 6E-218
connecting to
BOM - DIU AI-9623

Since this is just one segment out of a few others (part of a domestic circle trip), i was hoping to find this on the same OTA i'd like to book all the others on.

I understand, i might not be able to do so and might just have to book them separately. But I am trying to understand why no other OTA will price a Indigo-Air India itinerary on this particular route/connection.

Thanks
Old Oct 15, 2016, 11:50 pm

Programs: JetPrivilege
Originally Posted by WrLdTrvLnIndian
I am trying to book JAI - DIU on 12/5/16, based on the Min Connect Time in BOM there is one valid same day itinerary that works....besides makemytrip.com, i can't get any other OTA to price it....any thoughts on why?

JAI - BOM 6E-218
connecting to
BOM - DIU AI-9623

Since this is just one segment out of a few others (part of a domestic circle trip), i was hoping to find this on the same OTA i'd like to book all the others on.

I understand, i might not be able to do so and might just have to book them separately. But I am trying to understand why no other OTA will price a Indigo-Air India itinerary on this particular route/connection.

Thanks
It is der on GoIbibo priced at 9K inr.

Do remember dis r different terminals.
Indigo lands on 1B and Air India will take from T2
Old Oct 16, 2016, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nihit157
It is der on GoIbibo priced at 9K inr.

Do remember dis r different terminals.
Indigo lands on 1B and Air India will take from T2
Thanks. Will check it out. However, I did try goibibo, and don't remember seeing it. Specific to .in webpage vs .com?

Appreciate the tip on the terminal change. Is it a pretty far trek? This give me a 4hr layover, so shouldn't be an issue, correct?
Old Oct 16, 2016, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Appreciate the tip on the terminal change. Is it a pretty far trek? This give me a 4hr layover, so shouldn't be an issue, correct?
4 hours will give you plenty of time....
Old Oct 16, 2016, 11:44 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold

JAI - BOM 6E-218
connecting to
BOM - DIU AI-9623
Cleartrip.com allows this and many more connections for your itinerary. Try their multi city flight option.

Incidentally, the below sample itinerary is very doable and does not require changing any terminals at BOM as 9W operates flights in and out of T2, same as AI:

9W 2383 JAI 0830 - BOM 1020
AI 9623 BOM 1155 - DIU 1300

P.S. : You'll enjoy Diu airport.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by deovrat
Cleartrip.com allows this and many more connections for your itinerary. Try their multi city flight option.

Incidentally, the below sample itinerary is very doable and does not require changing any terminals at BOM as 9W operates flights in and out of T2, same as AI:

9W 2383 JAI 0830 - BOM 1020
AI 9623 BOM 1155 - DIU 1300

P.S. : You'll enjoy Diu airport.
Thanks. Would love to take the 9W flight, but i thought that was an illegal connection, since the minimum connection time for Domestic to Domestic (9W-AI) is 120 minutes.

Will check it out
Old Oct 16, 2016, 9:17 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
6E and AI don't have an interline agreement.

Any OTA which sells this combination as a "connection" is issuing you 2 separate tickets. You'll be SOL in the case of IRROPS, or even a minor traffic jam between T1B and T2.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 10:34 pm

Programs: JetPrivilege
Thanks. Will check it out. However, I did try goibibo, and don't remember seeing it. Specific to .in webpage vs .com?

GOibibo.com it is.

It would take around 20-30 mins I guess from 1B to T2.
If the bombay thing as mentioned above is an option den u shud definitely go for it . No terminal hassle and no baggage hassle too.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
6E and AI don't have an interline agreement.

Any OTA which sells this combination as a "connection" is issuing you 2 separate tickets. You'll be SOL in the case of IRROPS, or even a minor traffic jam between T1B and T2.
Thanks a lot for essentially confirming what i was about to ask, and i saw you post.

I checked on Expert Flyer and couldn't find 6E Interline with AI. However, 9W is, so i should be ok booking 9W to AI, correct?
Old Oct 18, 2016, 3:04 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
However, 9W is, so i should be ok booking 9W to AI, correct?
Not necessarily - Indian OTAs have an annoying habit of selling multiple tickets on one PNR and calling it a "connection". You're only protected if all the flights are on a single ticket.

For a 9W-AI connection, make sure that you can price it out on ITA Matrix. If it's significantly more expensive on Matrix than the OTA is offering, it's probably separate tickets.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Not necessarily - Indian OTAs have an annoying habit of selling multiple tickets on one PNR and calling it a "connection". You're only protected if all the flights are on a single ticket.

For a 9W-AI connection, make sure that you can price it out on ITA Matrix. If it's significantly more expensive on Matrix than the OTA is offering, it's probably separate tickets.
doesn't price out on Matrix......here is what i am looking to book....more importantly protect myself on the 2nd leg

1) BOM-JAI - 12/3/2016 on 9W 2053 (or i don't care)
2) JAI-BOM-DIU - 12/5/2016 on 9W 2383 / AI 9623
3) JGA-BOM - 12/7/2016 on AI 648

appreciate all your help.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 3:56 pm

Unfortunately, it looks like you can't fly JAI-DIU on a single ticket without an overnight in BOM.

You can book it on separate tickets, but it's extremely risky because BOM-DIU only operates 3 times a week. On the bright side, it would only be a 1 day delay and walkups look reasonable.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

walkups look reasonable.
walkups?

So i guess my option is to either overnight or risk it......if i decided to risk it, i suppose i rather fly JAI-BOM on 6E that way i have a 4+hr layover (more buffer), versus only 1hr+ with 9W....

what would you do? I really don't want to loose a day and overnight in BOM.

Also, is it fare to say that if Expert Flyer cant show a fare for 2 city pairs e.g. JAI-DIU or JAI-JGA then essentially that ticket would always require to be 2 one-ways?

Last edited by WrLdTrvLnIndian; Oct 18, 2016 at 5:03 pm
Old Oct 18, 2016, 5:59 pm

Walkup = the fare you pay day of departure.

If I were you, I'd book 2 separate tickets and fly JAI-BOM on the last flight the day before (I think 9W has one at 9PM or so).

If ExpertFlyer shows no fare for a given city pair, it just means that the ticket will require a fare break. In this case, you could issue JAI-DIU on a single AI ticket, but AI'a flight timings don't facilitate a convenient connection.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 6:09 pm
Original Poster

Walkup = the fare you pay day of departure.
duh....thought that at first, but didn't want to assume.

If I were you, I'd book 2 separate tickets and fly JAI-BOM on the last flight the day before (I think 9W has one at 9PM or so).
Can't fly the night before, it is night of a friends wedding reception. We are running a tight schedule lol as all india trips always are

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.