Wiki Posts
Search

Change phone number on profile

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2016, 12:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air India
Change phone number on profile

I need to change the phone number associated with my flying returns account. I have tried emailing the customer support but i get a generic mail. I do NOT think there is anyone"live" reading the emails!!
Any way to get in touch with a live person who can help? I called the customer service number and they said I need to send an email and I get nonsense reply!! Here is the communication...

Dear Sir/ Madam/ Ms

With regard to : Flying returns numbers : XXXXXXXX and XXXXXXXX

My Frequent flyer number is XXXXXXX
I need to change my cell phone number on that profile to XXXXXXXXX
I am unable to edit my profile online.

Also my mom's frequent flier number is XXXXXXX .. and please change her number to XXXXXXXX . She is leaving to India and will take this phone with her. So we will not receive any kind of notifications.

I have emailed you almost 2 weeks ago and have not received any kind of response.. I received a generic email saying something about changing tickets!!!!

Kindly read the email and respond to me.

Thank you!!

AND I GET THIS IN RESPONSE!!!!

Dear Member of Flying Returns,
You have written to the member service centre of Air-India for assistance.
If you wish to seek retrospective – (back dated) credit of missing miles for journeys undertaken by you (maximum permitted is for flights undertaken not more than six months ago from the date of submission), but not reflected in your statement, then for:-
On Star Alliance - To claim missing miles for our Star Alliance partner airlines on your Flying Returns account please write again / send your email to [email protected]
On Air India - To claim missing miles for Air India flights please write again / send your email to [email protected]
While we thank you for your loyalty and patronage we would like to apprise you of the plausible reasons that could have caused "missing" miles.
The most common reasons are:
1. Your correct and full 9 digit FFP number is missing from your booking PNR, ticket and also your boarding card.
2. The FFP number reflected on your booking PNR / ticket of travel does not match the FFP number on your profile.
3. FFP Number reflected in booking PNR / ticket is less than 9 numeric digits or has an alpha character.
4. Name on the ticket does not match the name on FFP profile.
5. Name in the FFP profile has initial or special character and does not match the full name as in the ticket & passport. Please log into your account and complete KYC to remove this anomaly.
OR
6. Name on your booking PNR/ ticket has an "initial" or single letter and does not match full name as on FFP profile & passport.
7. Claim for Retroactive (Back dated) credit of Miles should ideally be made NO later than 150180 days of flight activity undertaken to avoid rejection as older claims are not accepted for crediting by Star partners. The airline could also need up to 1 month to process and 6 months is the stipulated time for accepting & processing Retro claims.
Therefore you are requested to log into your FFP account comply with KYC formalities by uploading all relevant passport pages (first, last, remarks and validity extension) if name does not match passport. Do send an email to us on [email protected] to correct your name in profile and once all your tickets are booked in correct full name, then henceforth the need for retro credit may not arise.

Any suggestions on how I can change the phone numbers in our profile?

Thank you!!
Old Aug 29, 2016, 4:47 am

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Hi,

Check out the Wiki, for detailed contact information: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...ngreturns.html

Alternatively, you can try and contact them on Twitter or via the chat option on their website. (PS: Chat option on website is usually good to get the details on procedures / info on their FFP. Getting stuff done is easier on call / Twitter.)
Old Aug 30, 2016, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i've been struggling with this for a while myself....have been trying to change my registered phone number on ai for about 3 months now....when i call their customer service then i'm told that the only way to do this is via email....when i email then i get the same generic response the op got....have called about half a dozen times over the last 3 months & sent the same number of emails without any success....as usual, ai has to make even the simplest things extremely hard to do....
Old Sep 20, 2016, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Keyser
i've been struggling with this for a while myself....have been trying to change my registered phone number on ai for about 3 months now....when i call their customer service then i'm told that the only way to do this is via email....when i email then i get the same generic response the op got....have called about half a dozen times over the last 3 months & sent the same number of emails without any success....as usual, ai has to make even the simplest things extremely hard to do....
so finally, almost 4 months since i put in the request, my registered mobile number has been changed....all it took was 4 months, 7 emails reminds & about the same number of calls....

i've said it before & i'll say it again....ai customer service is a joke....
Old Sep 21, 2016, 10:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Keyser
so finally, almost 4 months since i put in the request, my registered mobile number has been changed....all it took was 4 months, 7 emails reminds & about the same number of calls....

i've said it before & i'll say it again....ai customer service is a joke....
Come on!

Anything under a year and calls / emails in single digits with AI is quite an achievement.

Seriously, glad it worked out for u.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.