Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

9W connecting to EY, separate tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2015, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All

I have EY out of MAA. I may now not have time for a Chennai stopover. Instead, I may have to connect my 9W flight directly with the EY to AUH.
I know the 2 airlines have a codeshare, but can 9W check-in right through if they are separate tickets?
I looked at the 9W flights as an EY codeshare, but that was more than 3x the price.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Call 9W.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 7:03 pm

Unfortunately 9W will almost never check your bags through on separate tickets. They even sometimes give you trouble when on a single ticket. One of the reasons they won't is because they will only allow 15kg for the 9W leg and will not honor the EY luggage allowance. Be prepared to spend a lot on luggage or by an extra ticket for the 9W leg and have a family member come along with you.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Merlinrnr
Unfortunately 9W will almost never check your bags through on separate tickets. They even sometimes give you trouble when on a single ticket. One of the reasons they won't is because they will only allow 15kg for the 9W leg and will not honor the EY luggage allowance. Be prepared to spend a lot on luggage or by an extra ticket for the 9W leg and have a family member come along with you.
Great info, thanks.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 8:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Still not clear what flights/routes you have booked and the times of these flights
Need better information
Old Sep 5, 2015, 9:34 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As you've triple posted on three airline fora (yes, it can be frustrating to not receive replies, but it is a weekend, and a major "go away" holiday weekend in USA where many FlyerTalkers are based), we will close two threads and move any replies to the Airlines of India forum that is the most appropriate for this question. Cross posting is not permitted.

JDiver
Senior Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Sep 5, 2015 at 9:40 pm
Old Sep 6, 2015, 2:46 am

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
I recently flew on separate tickets with PR and 9W. However, in my case, the first flight was on PR from Manila with 9W connection in HKG. PR through checked-in my bag from Manila to Mumbai. So technically, it can be done, but I can't comment if 9W will actually do it or not.

FYI, as per 9W website, there is no interline arrangement between the two airlines, but PR still did it.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by tirajat
So technically, it can be done, but I can't comment if 9W will actually do it or not.
technically it can be done & 9w has done so for me in the past....but these days i would be surprised if you came across a helpful 9w agent who would be willing to go beyond what he or she is required to do....
Old Sep 9, 2015, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
technically it can be done & 9w has done so for me in the past....but these days i would be surprised if you came across a helpful 9w agent who would be willing to go beyond what he or she is required to do....
Thanks Keyser...too risky to plan for it.
This is real info....not what I would get if I went with: "call 9W"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.