JP mile value

Old Apr 6, 2015, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Smile JP mile value

I noticed several times that the generic value of 1 JP mile pegged at 60 paisa.
I spent quite a bit of time trying to look at several redemption options, Domestic and International, Int Business class redemption, revenue ticket + upgrade, Domestic cash & miles and I noticed that I couldn't get a better rate than 60 paisa.
Advance domestic redemption gives you the worst value per JP mile.

Last min redemption will definitely get you better value, but redeeming for international tickets a bit in advance usually gets you around 60 paisa.
Anything more than that would be a good deal IMHO.

I apologize if I broke any rules by opening a new thread, Just wanted to share my analysis.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
This may vary from person to person and a route to route basis. Not including the class of booking and the number of days before departure.

I have in the past been able to redeem JP Miles for a pre-tax value of ~90 paise.
Old Apr 10, 2015, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by GuyFromBOM
This may vary from person to person and a route to route basis.
i agree....there is no set formula for this....i used to find international business class redemptions to be best value but with the increased miles requirement its not so good anymore....
Old Apr 10, 2015, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
i agree....there is no set formula for this....i used to find international business class redemptions to be best value but with the increased miles requirement its not so good anymore....
Yeah I know, hopefully people can share the value they receive for their redemption here..
The best so far for me was a 5 hour prior booking made in Nov 2014, HYD-BOM segment, 5000 miles instead of a 16000 revenue ticket. 3.2 Rs per mile
Old Apr 10, 2015, 11:54 pm

You can mostly get better value in international business class Redemptions in partner airlines.
Old Apr 18, 2015, 1:05 am
Original Poster

I just booked a Jetairways Cash N Miles return ticket for HYD-BLR for travel during 1st week of May 2015
Cheapest return revenue ticket @ 7825
Cash&Miles combo @ 5451 (with 1000 miles)
saving of 2374 for 1000 miles
value per mile = 2.37

http://ravikiran.name/2015/04/18/jet...-cash-n-miles/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.