Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Combining separate PNRs on dofferent airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2014, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver

I am flying to Manila through Hong Kong next month. BOM-HKG leg is on 9W, while HKG-MNL is on Phil Air. The connection time is little more than an hour. While I have taken these flights number of times earlier (and always had free time to spend before boarding the secong leg flight), I had booked them on a single PNR. However, this time I am holding separate tickets on Jet and Phil airlines.

Is it possible to combine the two PNRs so that the Phil Airlines knows beforehand that I am expected to board. In case I miss the flight, will Phil ailines still accomodate me on the next flight? I will be carrying only hand baggage.

Thanks for the inputs.

-R
Old Sep 24, 2014, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by tirajat
Is it possible to combine the two PNRs so that the Phil Airlines knows beforehand that I am expected to board. In case I miss the flight, will Phil ailines still accomodate me on the next flight? I will be carrying only hand baggage.
i don't think you can combine the 2 pnrs but you could always let the second airline know that you will be landing an hour earlier on another airline....whether they choose to help you out is another issue but atleast they would be aware of your travel plans....
Old Sep 25, 2014, 7:08 am

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
You can't combine PNRs from separate tickets and Phillipine Airlines won't be obligated to help you. However, like Keyser said, you could give them a call and ask them to make a note of your connecting flight.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 6:56 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
I wouldn't check any bags in on 9w if I were you, with this kind of connection
Old Sep 25, 2014, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 9W Plat, UK Plat, AI Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Taj IC Silver
I am just wondering if it was a mistake booking flights with such connection, which I did due to attractive J class fares by Jet. As I wrote above, I have flown the sector on these flights a number of times, and never really felt I am short of time.

I contacted Jet and was told that in case of delay beyond 2 hours, they will ensure that I am put on the next connecting flight. I will write to PR, but not expecting it to take any responsibility.

In any case, I will do web check-in and will be carrying only hand baggage.
Old Sep 26, 2014, 3:11 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
PR needs to add a ghost segment in your PNR, listing the 9W flight details. That way PR knows your are coming in on 9W.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.