Wiki Posts
Search

CDG check in

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2014, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
CDG check in

Hi, would be traveling from paris cdg to delhi in end may on AI. Can anyone help me with experience of checking in. I plan to reach airport by tgv from Disney at 19:45 flight is scheduled at 22:00. Is it enough time (with a kid, so do not want to run)? First time in cdg hence any info appreciated.
Old Apr 27, 2014, 10:11 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
air india is terminal 2c and fairly close to the tgv station (which is 2e). Check this map. http://parisbytrain.com/wp-content/u...09/cdg_map.pdf .. there's moving walkways so you don't really need to run. Security can be painfully slow though
Old Apr 28, 2014, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
what class will you be traveling????i've taken this flight a number of times over the last few years & there tends to be a lot of confusion at the economy check-in counters....in case you are traveling in economy then you may want to arrive a little earlier....
Old Apr 28, 2014, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AI Gold, TK Gold, QR Silver, 9W BluePlus
Originally Posted by Keyser
what class will you be traveling????i've taken this flight a number of times over the last few years & there tends to be a lot of confusion at the economy check-in counters....in case you are traveling in economy then you may want to arrive a little earlier....
Would be traveling economy. How much earlier would you recommend. Also can you elaborate on the confusion so that I can be more prepared. Thanks.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by CCU_Flyer
Would be traveling economy. How much earlier would you recommend. Also can you elaborate on the confusion so that I can be more prepared. Thanks.
the last couple of times there were only 2 counters open for economy passengers so everyone was complaining that it was taking a long time to check in....i would suggest being there two & a half hours before your flight at least....
Old Apr 29, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: Air India The Maharaja Club, Lufthansa Miles & More Frequent Traveller,Qatar Airways Gold,
If you reach by 1945 at the TGV station, you have more than enough time with you. No sweat ! It will be the first counter when you enter terminal 2C. Check in closes an hour before, so you have a plenty of time in hand.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 7:22 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
I am on the same flight in July - and land at the CDG TGV at 6 PM with ~ 4 hours to kill (less checkin, immigration and security). What would be the most reasonable restaurant in either 2E or 2C? France being France the food will, overall, be great but are there any specific recommendations?
Old Apr 30, 2014, 12:26 am

Programs: Air India The Maharaja Club, Lufthansa Miles & More Frequent Traveller,Qatar Airways Gold,
Originally Posted by hserus
I am on the same flight in July - and land at the CDG TGV at 6 PM with ~ 4 hours to kill (less checkin, immigration and security). What would be the most reasonable restaurant in either 2E or 2C? France being France the food will, overall, be great but are there any specific recommendations?
Before Check in, you won't have too much to look for other than a McDonalds at 2B( across 2C), or other Bistros,at 2F & 2A ( has common immigration with 2C). After immigration & security, there're a nice seafood lounge, and other small bite counters. No real restaurants as such.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.