Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air India's new website

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2013, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Air India's new website

Today, AI launched it's new website design. Cosmetically, it looks like a huge improvement. The user interface for buying/changing tickets has not been modified.

Last edited by PVDtoDEL; Sep 4, 2013 at 4:17 pm
Old Sep 4, 2013, 10:53 pm

Shith@le website of a Shith@le Airline.
Air India - They are still stuck in the 80s.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Today, AI launched it's new website design. Cosmetically, it looks like a huge improvement. The user interface for buying/changing tickets has not been modified.
i wouldn't call it a huge improvement but there is an improvement nevertheless....
Old Sep 5, 2013, 1:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
New layout, the booking engine still has the sita backbone, so I would call this a website facelift
Old Sep 5, 2013, 5:18 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Lipstick on a pig?
Old Sep 5, 2013, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Even before, AI's website was the most functional in India - not that the competition was any good.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 5:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Even before, AI's website was the most functional in India - not that the competition was any good.
most functional????

really????
Old Sep 5, 2013, 6:36 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
AI's website was the most no. of links going out to other service providers. SITA, their loyalty program manager and who else...
Old Sep 5, 2013, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
most functional????

really????
I haven't used all the airlines' websites extensively, but ai.com has for a long time been pretty solid from a basic utilitarian perspective (buying tickets, making changes, OLCI, remembering your information).

For me that's the core that must always be #1 priority and AI seem to have got at least that right. Everything else is just fluff. Eg, jet.dumb, which is much prettier to look at compared to AI or 6E, but very nearly hopeless functionally.

The current "improvement" (I wouldn't call it that myself) is certainly little more than a brighter shade of bodily-fluid coloured lipstick. But the animal subject to the reapplication hasn't been a pig for a while.

And while the changes are relatively insignificant, they did manage to make them and roll them out without the need to shut the whole thing down for several days on multiple occasions.

Last edited by jasepl; Sep 5, 2013 at 10:52 am
Old Sep 5, 2013, 11:14 am
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
Now that you mention it, the website was down about 3 days back for a couple of hours.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jasepl
I haven't used all the airlines' websites extensively, but ai.com has for a long time been pretty solid from a basic utilitarian perspective (buying tickets, making changes, OLCI, remembering your information).

For me that's the core that must always be #1 priority and AI seem to have got at least that right. Everything else is just fluff. Eg, jet.dumb, which is much prettier to look at compared to AI or 6E, but very nearly hopeless functionally.

The current "improvement" (I wouldn't call it that myself) is certainly little more than a brighter shade of bodily-fluid coloured lipstick. But the animal subject to the reapplication hasn't been a pig for a while.

And while the changes are relatively insignificant, they did manage to make them and roll them out without the need to shut the whole thing down for several days on multiple occasions.
i don't think any of the airline websites in india are anything to write home about....i've often had tons of problems with the ai site....the ability to not book award tickets on the ai site for a long time last year was a major downfall in my opinion....even as recently as a few months ago, ai was showing an incorrect number of miles on certain routes & would not allow you to book reward seats....

jet probably always had the best looking website but for me personally the most error free website was kingfisher....ai was never here nor there....
Old Sep 5, 2013, 11:32 pm

Programs: UA Gold, UK Silver, AA Silver
When you book ticket on AI website, it doesn't recognizes SQ Krisflyer numbers in the FF column. The dropdown menu has only one option, and that's AI, even though SQ is a partner airline. Is it also a website issue?
Old Sep 5, 2013, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by SpeedFreak
Now that you mention it, the website was down about 3 days back for a couple of hours.
Oh okay. Maybe that was to roll out the change. But that's a miniscule timeframe (with some tangible difference), compared to several days at a time (and nothing to show for it).

Originally Posted by Keyser
i don't think any of the airline websites in india are anything to write home about....i've often had tons of problems with the ai site....the ability to not book award tickets on the ai site for a long time last year was a major downfall in my opinion....even as recently as a few months ago, ai was showing an incorrect number of miles on certain routes & would not allow you to book reward seats....

jet probably always had the best looking website but for me personally the most error free website was kingfisher....ai was never here nor there....
Never used Kingfisher's so I can't really say. And I don't have an AI FFP account, so can't really say anything about that either.

For the core functions though - booking, changing, OLCI, seat selection + changes and remembering your details - AI's website is remarkably utilitarian and works pretty well.

Originally Posted by deepism
When you book ticket on AI website, it doesn't recognizes SQ Krisflyer numbers in the FF column. The dropdown menu has only one option, and that's AI, even though SQ is a partner airline. Is it also a website issue?
It's by design, or longstanding oversight. But you can enter FFP numbers at the time of OLCI, which has worked perfectly fine every time I have used it.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by Buttwiser
Shith@le website of a Shith@le Airline.
Air India - They are still stuck in the 80s.
True that!

The site is nothing close to what it should be for such a large corporation considering the age we live in.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 1:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by deepism
Just 'SQ123456789' in the field, interestingly the system recognises that and the miles post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.