Community
Wiki Posts
Search

USD charges on Jet Aiways website

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2013, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 9W silver, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
It depends on the TA - when I sell tickets, the carrier charges for all but the service fee
yup! booked a few domestic US flights on my US cards at priceline and saw that it was the carrier who was charging me..
but my Indian TA experience (MMT, cleartrip, kuoni etc) has been different
Old Aug 2, 2013, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Keyser
it will not bill as 9w....most of my work travel is booked through our corporate ta & even though i use my credit card to pay, its never billed as 9w....
When a CC is run through the GDS, the AIRLINE collects the money.
Any commission payable is settled to the agent through the BSP.
i.e. July 2013 statement
15 JULY CATHAY PACIFIC 160283XXXXXXX YVR BC 1550.86
Old Aug 4, 2013, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
When a CC is run through the GDS, the AIRLINE collects the money.
Any commission payable is settled to the agent through the BSP.
i.e. July 2013 statement
15 JULY CATHAY PACIFIC 160283XXXXXXX YVR BC 1550.86
my cc bills come up with my ta's name....either way, the op wanted to know if he would get the bonus miles on his cc if he booked with a ta & the answer is 'no'....he would only get the bonus if he booked with the airline directly....
Old Aug 4, 2013, 6:46 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Keyser
my cc bills come up with my ta's name....either way, the op wanted to know if he would get the bonus miles on his cc if he booked with a ta & the answer is 'no'....he would only get the bonus if he booked with the airline directly....
He wouldn't get miles if he booked with your TA. If he booked with a TA who processes credit cards through GDS, he would get bonus miles.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
He wouldn't get miles if he booked with your TA. If he booked with a TA who processes credit cards through GDS, he would get bonus miles.
really????if that is indeed true then the airline shouldn't say that the only way to get bonus miles is to book directly with them....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.