Search

Cheapest "major" airport in India?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2013, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, Marriott
Cheapest "major" airport in India?

Hello

I have to fly to GAU so I pretty much have to connect from a major airport in India to get to Guwahati...last year I did DEL, but I can do BLR, CCU, etc.

What's the cheapest, generally speaking? I was going to connect via DEL but a flight from IAD to BLR might be cheaper...

Thoughts? I'm hoping to fly BA, CX, or JAL (for a 1 day stopover in Tokyo)
Old Jul 10, 2013, 9:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
DEL by far.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
BOM is often cheaper than DEL, especially on United or Lufthansa. However from BOM all you have are several one stops to GAU, but no nonstops.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:13 am

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
Originally Posted by pritomd
Hello

I have to fly to GAU so I pretty much have to connect from a major airport in India to get to Guwahati...last year I did DEL, but I can do BLR, CCU, etc.

What's the cheapest, generally speaking? I was going to connect via DEL but a flight from IAD to BLR might be cheaper...

Thoughts? I'm hoping to fly BA, CX, or JAL (for a 1 day stopover in Tokyo)
I guess you wish to avoid transiting via the airports that charge a higher UDF (airport charge) and also that you would be booking 2 separate tickets- 1 for IAD-BOM/DEL/BLR/CCU & the 2nd from BOM/DEL/BLR/CCU to GAU.

These separate bookings may get you a lower fare, but, you would face an issue with the baggage allowance, which would vary on both the tickets. Also, this exposes you to a possibility of complications with flight delays/ cancellations.

As an alternate to this, I suggest you search either of the following sites, note down the best "fare construction code" and get the same flights booked through a TA on a single PNR and / or Ticket:

Old Jul 11, 2013, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
stick to del for the most convenient transit experience....
Old Jul 11, 2013, 11:08 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
DEL or CCU are the only airports worth considering. The rest require extra transits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.