Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Airways co-brand American Express Platinum Credit Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Airways co-brand American Express Platinum Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2013, 8:37 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, Star Gold
Originally Posted by AJLondon
So is the conclusion as to whether it is still worth it for 10k INR for 20k JP miles?
Need to add 12.36% service tax also on 10K fees
Old Jan 10, 2013, 5:48 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bpbindaas
Does anyone know if one gets miles/points on Amex for spendings at HPCL pumps?
Or is it just that the surcharge is waived off?
Yes you should get the points along with the surcharge waived off.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 8:35 am

Still no card, but was called twice in the last 10 days for verification of the details I gave in the application process.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 8:50 pm

Programs: Miles and More, AI Silver, Citi PM, Jet Amex Plat
Originally Posted by 678flyer
Still no card, but was called twice in the last 10 days for verification of the details I gave in the application process.
In my case also, although the application was collected by one of their agents in November, the customer care tells me that the same has been captured in their system only in the first week of Jan. Is this a ploy to deny people the extra 10k JP miles? incidently i have no written proof of application submission before 25 December, however, i did receive the first verification call around mid December.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 9:33 pm

Programs: KFEG, UK Silver
Originally Posted by nrocky
In my case also, although the application was collected by one of their agents in November, the customer care tells me that the same has been captured in their system only in the first week of Jan. Is this a ploy to deny people the extra 10k JP miles? incidently i have no written proof of application submission before 25 December, however, i did receive the first verification call around mid December.
The application acknowledgement has the date mentioned. Also they stamp the acknowledgement with "Received before Dec 25". If you are still holding the copy of the acknowledgement, just fax it to Amex.

I had applied on Dec 17, received the card on Jan 10. Good 24 days later.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 9:35 pm
A2A
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by manish83
The application acknowledgement has the date mentioned. Also they stamp the acknowledgement with "Received before Dec 25". If you are still holding the copy of the acknowledgement, just fax it to Amex.

I had applied on Dec 17, received the card on Jan 10. Good 24 days later.
This is not needed unless Amex refuses to credit the extra 10k jp miles.so don't jump the gun just yet and let them get you the card first and credit your miles. They are not running away anywhere...
Old Jan 10, 2013, 11:32 pm

Programs: KFEG, UK Silver
Yes of course use the suggestion as one of the last resort My experience with Amex has been if you escalate the matter and arm twist a bit, you get your way (unless you are asking for something too outrageous)
Old Jan 14, 2013, 4:27 am

Programs: UK Silver, UA Gold
So those who applied before 25 Dec - do you see 30k JP Miles when you sign into your account, or only 20k & the bonus 10k is expected after the first statement? I see only 20k so wondering.....
Old Jan 14, 2013, 8:20 am

Programs: 9W silver, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by deepakvalecha
So those who applied before 25 Dec - do you see 30k JP Miles when you sign into your account, or only 20k & the bonus 10k is expected after the first statement? I see only 20k so wondering.....
Yup! 20k is what I see as well
Old Jan 14, 2013, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by bpbindaas
Yup! 20k is what I see as well
Got the card today. The accompnying literature is totally silent on the bonus 10k. By the way how long does it take for the 20k to show up in your JP account, after your first transaction?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 8:32 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
By the way how long does it take for the 20k to show up in your JP account, after your first transaction?
Do you even need a first transaction??
Old Jan 14, 2013, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Do you even need a first transaction??
They say that the points/ miles will be credited within 45 working days after your first transaction. Why are 45 days required? I am sure the computers can be programed to do this in 45 milliseconds.......
Old Jan 14, 2013, 9:03 am
A2A
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
They say that the points/ miles will be credited within 45 working days after your first transaction. Why are 45 days required? I am sure the computers can be programed to do this in 45 milliseconds.......
so that you activate the card as well and not just stuff it in the sock drawer.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by A2A
so that you activate the card as well and not just stuff it in the sock drawer.
why 45 days after activation was my point
Old Jan 14, 2013, 9:43 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Finally, after a month of application, got a call from Amex for processing my application...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.