Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet Airways co-brand American Express Platinum Credit Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Airways co-brand American Express Platinum Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2012, 2:09 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Multiple posts on the Citibank Ultima card that were made in this thread have been separated and moved to a new thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india...tima-card.html

The above thread is in the "India" forum as the Ultima card is not an airline branded card.

Please focus on the Jet Amex card in this thread.

Thanks.

AJLondon
Mod, IbA
I think there was discussion on this card earlier also...
Old Nov 30, 2012, 6:34 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I think there was discussion on this card earlier also...
Indeed. Hence why it has a dedicated home now.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 5:02 am

I applied and got the paperwork done today. One condition stood out - if the card fee is waived, then the welcome bonus of 20k miles is out as well. What is not clear is if the additional bonus of 10k is also gone. If this applies to the Plat elite crowd, then its a stupid move on Jet's part.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by 678flyer
if the card fee is waived, then the welcome bonus of 20k miles is out as well.
that sucks....no more reason for me to get the card....
Old Dec 1, 2012, 6:41 am
A2A
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
I applied and got the paperwork done today. One condition stood out - if the card fee is waived, then the welcome bonus of 20k miles is out as well. What is not clear is if the additional bonus of 10k is also gone. If this applies to the Plat elite crowd, then its a stupid move on Jet's part.
I've noticed this condition for other products as well, like the hdfc one was not going to give free base fare ticket if the card was free for whatever reason, and I got the ticket. So I guess this will not be implemented with an iron fist, ESP not for plats.
Old Dec 1, 2012, 7:13 am

So it seems Jet sent me the promotional stuff for this card in the post.

Good quality paper and printing. I was quite impressed with the envelope itself. So maybe that's Amex's touch.

This is funny though : they have pictures of a few different places, presumably depicting where Jet can take you. New York features twice. And Jet don't even fly there.

The fine print says "Fastest earn rate is an ongoing earn rate (and this is not a tactical offer)" bla bla bla

I think I know what they mean, but who comes up with those words? Who writes that?
Old Dec 1, 2012, 10:47 am
A2A
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jasepl

Good quality paper and printing. I was quite impressed with the envelope itself. So maybe that's Amex's touch.

This is funny though : they have pictures of a few different places, presumably depicting where Jet can take you. New York features twice. And Jet don't even fly there.

The fine print says "Fastest earn rate is an ongoing earn rate (and this is not a tactical offer)" bla bla bla

I think I know what they mean, but who comes up with those words? Who writes that?
yo.. 9w counts, just like united, newark as a new york airport.

they r trying to kill the icici product with those words
Old Dec 1, 2012, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by A2A
yo.. 9w counts, just like united, newark as a new york airport.

they r trying to kill the icici product with those words
Well, Kennedy is the New York airport for everyone, including United who fly there too. Yes, I know Newark is in the same metro area and all that, but, as Neve Campbell said, it's "still Jersey".

As for the words, what I don't get is the choice of using those words, given the target audience of the mailer. It is clear as mud to the average recipient, and, frankly, not very professional.

I am not surprised if they are indeed trying to kill the ICICI product. We already have Jet Airways trying very hard to get JetKonnect to kill Jet Airways.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:22 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Exactly.

Originally Posted by Keyser
+1.

AmEx themselves are definitely a premium product, and their customer service also reflects this - they have not (so far) cheapened themselves with low-paid call center reps as the other banks have done...

The fine print says "Fastest earn rate is an ongoing earn rate
It is true - if you compare it to the HDFC World and the ICICI Saphiro Amex (higher earn rate is only *temporary* (until end 31 Oct 2013) for international transactions. It would bump down to 5 miles per Rs. 100/- domestic transaction on the ICICI Saphiro Amex and 7 miles per Rs. 100/- (better than this new AmEx Jet Plat card))

I am not surprised if they are indeed trying to kill the ICICI product. We already have Jet Airways trying very hard to get JetKonnect to kill Jet Airways.
ICICI will manage to kill the product themselves by screwing themselves through their pathetic customer service and later deciding that they do not want to have the headache (and expense) of interacting with an airline program... (a la their SQ card)
Old Dec 2, 2012, 5:24 am

Programs: 9W Plat, Star Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
Same here..

One more points is mentioned , if some body applies to the card

Upon approval of the Jet Airways American Express® Platinum Credit Card, the other American Express Cobrand/Platinum Travel Credit Card would be cancelled
Old Dec 2, 2012, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by ngblr
Same here..

One more points is mentioned , if some body applies to the card

Upon approval of the Jet Airways American Express® Platinum Credit Card, the other American Express Cobrand/Platinum Travel Credit Card would be cancelled
So if we have the Saphiro AmEx and the Platinum AmEx, then AmEx will void out both other cards??
Old Dec 2, 2012, 11:50 am
A2A
Original Poster

So if we have the Saphiro AmEx and the Platinum AmEx, then AmEx will void out both other cards??
saphiro is an icici bank property not an american express property
Old Dec 2, 2012, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by A2A
You mean they built a building called Saphiro?

One of them is branded AmEx, so then why would not apply as having an AmEx card already?

Old Dec 2, 2012, 9:21 pm
A2A
Original Poster

Originally Posted by A2A
You mean they built a building called Saphiro?

One of them is branded AmEx, so then why would not apply as having an AmEx card already?

The peculiar thing about Amex is that unlike visa and master networks, they run on a closed network which only accepts Amex cards on special swipe terminals.

In the ICICI situation Amex has become like visa/master allowing ICICI cardholders access to the Amex network. The card is issued by ICICI bank and not by American Express.

Hope this clarifies.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by A2A
The peculiar thing about Amex is that unlike visa and master networks, they run on a closed network which only accepts Amex cards on special swipe terminals.

In the ICICI situation Amex has become like visa/master allowing ICICI cardholders access to the Amex network. The card is issued by ICICI bank and not by American Express.

Hope this clarifies.
I am fully aware of all that, but still don't understand why one cannot maintain multiple AmEx cards, especially in this case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.