Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Beware of spicejet!!! They cheated me==i am going to report them

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Beware of spicejet!!! They cheated me==i am going to report them

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2012, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Thumbs down Beware of spicejet!!! They cheated me==i am going to report them

I was in JAipur and had excess baggage to go on Delhi flight, and had an international flight to USA (Within 24 hours) the next morning from Delhi. They have always and honored excess baggage rule without additional fees UNTIL THIS TIME. I had proof of my ticket the next morning on Luftansa (I brought a copy to airport) but SPICE JET refused to accept it.In particular, the Station Manager Mr. Brijendra Singh refused... he claimed that I didnt have the right kind of ticket out of India and inissited that Luftansa email him (right????) a copy of my ticket. I told him there was no way that would happen, and he said that they needed to be called to do the email or I would have to pay for 50 Kg extra x 200rs!!!! He refused to call...said he didnt have the number and I tried to get number and track down on my phone.He took my cell phone, ran it out of minutes and then when they refused to honor even after they ORALLY confirmed I had the ticket. It was last flight of day and they wou;dnt let my baggage on unless I paid total of 10,000 ruppess. By the way, they kept changing the amount they would charge for penalty. Anyway, because I was desperate to get on flight--because it was last flight of day out ofJaipur and I would miss my international flight if so, I let them run my credit card, and instead of signing my name on the receipt, I wrote "WRONG" and then called my credit card company to dispute charge. THEY ARE THEIVES--taking advantage of a desperate situation--BEWARE--YOU SHOULD USE ANY OTHER DOMESTIC CARRIER IN INDIA....AVOID SPICE JET!!! I am writing to their corporate headquarters etc.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
sorry you had to go through this experience....do you know what the station manager meant when he said 'you did not have the right kind of ticket'????

also, i believe this thread would be a better fit in the 'airlines of india' forum & not in the 'india' forum....will ask the mods to move it....
Old Sep 11, 2012, 8:18 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
From the SpiceJet website..
Guests connecting to / from any international destination to SpiceJet for domestic travel within 24 Hours are entitled to free baggage allowance as permitted by the international carrier, subject to the allowance being specified on the passengers international travel itinerary/ticket. The mentioned allowance would only be applicable once the proof of travel(boarding pass/ticket) is produced at the SpiceJet counter.
What was your allowance on LH?
Old Sep 11, 2012, 8:36 am
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Originally Posted by Keyser
sorry you had to go through this experience....do you know what the station manager meant when he said 'you did not have the right kind of ticket'????

Lost in translation..???????
Old Sep 11, 2012, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Lisa Bittan
In particular, the Station Manager Mr. Brijendra Singh refused... he claimed that I didnt have the right kind of ticket out of India
This seems to me like a lost in translation issue. I think what he meant was that your LH ticket was not on the same itinerary.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with Spice Jet. They are generally quite decent.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:16 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by hyderago
This seems to me like a lost in translation issue. I think what he meant was that your LH ticket was not on the same itinerary.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with Spice Jet. They are generally quite decent.
Don't get you here. LH ticket did not have to be on the same itinerary as the spicejet one. If I understand correctly it can't be (point to point v/s network). could you elaborate?
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:28 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
Strictly speaking Spicejet generally does not honor international baggage allowance despite of what is written. Same with Indigo, but sometimes they do based on the loads of the flight.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by A2A
Don't get you here. LH ticket did not have to be on the same itinerary as the spicejet one. If I understand correctly it can't be (point to point v/s network). could you elaborate?
What I meant was that the manager was perhaps trying to say that he would have allowed the extra baggage if the SG and LH tickets were on the same itinerary. Since they were not, he didn't feel that SG had any need (legal or otherwise) to allow the extra luggage for free.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:57 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
What I meant was that the manager was perhaps trying to say that he would have allowed the extra baggage if the SG and LH tickets were on the same itinerary. Since they were not, he didn't feel that SG had any need (legal or otherwise) to allow the extra luggage for free.
Please see post no. 3. Spicejet clearly states in its ToS that they will offer baggage allowance to pax who connect from/to international destinations
Old Sep 11, 2012, 8:27 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I faced the same issue with SpiceJet in July. Was about to miss my flight (and therefore miss my international connection), so just paid it off and figured I'd deal with customer relations...

The conversation with customer relations went something like this:

Me: Hi, I was incorrectly charged for excess baggage. Here is my SG itinerary. Here is my international itinerary. Here is the place on the website where you say you will honor international allowance

SG:Your connection was more than 24 hours, so we cannot refund.

Me: No, if you look at the documents I sent you, it is clearly under 24 hours

SG: Your ticket does not have a written baggage allowance on it

Me: No, it clearly has a written baggage allowance

SG: Your connection was more than 24 hours

Me: No, it was less than 24 hours

SG: This policy is no longer in effect

Me: But it's on your website...

SG: But the connection was over 24 hours...

At that point, I gave up and initiated a chargeback, with the logic that SG didn't actually carry any excess baggage so therefore the charge was wrong.

SG didn't contest, and a week later the credit card company processed the refund.

I don't plan to do an international connection with SG again.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 8:29 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
SG does not interline, therefore it is impossible to get an SG segment and an LH segment on the same PNR.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 2:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Also noteworthy is that LH currently allows two pieces of luggage for free on Indian departures to the US, but this is a one off policy not mentioned on the tickets, which probably show '1 PC'.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 7:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hyho61
Strictly speaking Spicejet generally does not honor international baggage allowance despite of what is written. Same with Indigo, but sometimes they do based on the loads of the flight.
I agree with you. Unless SpiceJet ticket is issued in conjunction with the LH ticket, Spice Jet doesn't have to accept baggage allowance allowed by LH. That's probably what the manager meant. The policy is poorly worded though.
You are correct too.
Originally Posted by A2A
Please see post no. 3. Spicejet clearly states in its ToS that they will offer baggage allowance to pax who connect from/to international destinations
Sorry, it does not clearly state that. The policy is not worded clearly at all. But common sense tells you what hyho61 and hyderago have stated.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by Yaatri
Sorry, it does not clearly state that. The policy is not worded clearly at all. But common sense tells you what hyho61 and hyderago have stated.
I don't quite understand what you mean by this. The policy is very clear and leaves no room for interpretation.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 9:36 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
As SG have no interline agreements I know of (including e-ticketing), it's actually impossible to have it on the same ticket as the LH flight (or any other airline's flight). I'm sure the manager was aware of this...
Their written baggage policy should be interpreted with that in mind.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.