Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Good deal on Jet airways - upto Rs 2500 off

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 9W Gold, EK Skywards Blue, A/club Silver, Fairmont President's Club, HH

this came just now in the mailer

Book online by logging in to your JetPrivilege account and enjoy up to 2500 Off on your next return Jet Airways or JetKonnect ticket^.

# Book on or before Sep 3, 2012. Travel on or before Oct 31, 2012.

*Conditions apply.
^ Valid for travel in Economy, within India only
Discount on fare is applicable only after you log in into your JetPrivilege account and book your ticket
Old Sep 1, 2012, 1:10 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by ginger1970
this came just now in the mailer

Book online by logging in to your JetPrivilege account and enjoy up to 2500 Off on your next return Jet Airways or JetKonnect ticket^.

# Book on or before Sep 3, 2012. Travel on or before Oct 31, 2012.

*Conditions apply.
^ Valid for travel in Economy, within India only
Discount on fare is applicable only after you log in into your JetPrivilege account and book your ticket
these flash sales, no one knows the routes on which they are selling the tickets. and then, they get a few brownie points with the not so frequent traveller.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: 9W Gold, EK Skywards Blue, A/club Silver, Fairmont President's Club, HH
Originally Posted by A2A
these flash sales, no one knows the routes on which they are selling the tickets. and then, they get a few brownie points with the not so frequent traveller.
frequent or not so frequent flyers......no harm if travellers can save some money
Old Sep 1, 2012, 3:20 am
A2A

frequent or not so frequent flyers......no harm if travellers can save some money
What I mean to say is the routes on which you can save r not publicized. So u don't know which city to go if u wanted that spesh fare. Even their own teams don't know
Old Sep 1, 2012, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by A2A
What I mean to say is the routes on which you can save r not publicized. So u don't know which city to go if u wanted that spesh fare. Even their own teams don't know
true...though tried couple of destinations which i had been looking at for the last couple of days.....not much diff though....say 200-300 INR that's it
Old Sep 1, 2012, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by A2A
'Good deal' part was copy and paste from Jet Mailer
Old Sep 1, 2012, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
has anyone managed to find a route where this discount is applicable????

jet is very good at sending these emails out with as little information as possible....
Old Sep 1, 2012, 4:56 am

I began by trying 3 specific routes that I will most likely be flying soon.. no discount were to be found (prices haven't reduced from what I've been seeing over the last two weeks). Just for the heck of it, I tried 5 other routes (a mix of metro and tier 2 routes) - again, the only thing I saw was a few fare buckets with red strike-through under which were listed new fares which were lower by only by Rs. 100 - Rs. 400. And since these are routes I fly often, I know for a fact that discounts were not already 'built in' in the fares I was seeing. It is always this way. I am yet to find a single discounted fare (as promised in the promotion email) during any of these Jet sales.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 5:01 am

I am no big fan of government over-regulation, but shouldn't there be some kind of code to check the fine-print in these kind of marketing promotions by companies? (heck, Jet does not even bother to include ANY fine print in its promotional emails)!
Old Sep 1, 2012, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i think the title of the thread should be changed from 'good deal' to 'mystery deal'....
Old Sep 1, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: KL-AF FB Elite Plus, LH M&M, BA, SQ, HHonors, etc.
Few weeks before, booked an 9W ticket between DEL-BDQ-DEL, (9W 7098) for a flight in Dec. and was offered a decent discount via their website.

Wanted to rebook for a colleague just 4 days later, and simply could not find the flight, and also in my booking.

Called 9W after a waiting of 45 minutes, to be informed that they have cancelled the flights, and will be issued a refund!

Last edited by LH757; Sep 1, 2012 at 9:46 am
Old Sep 1, 2012, 7:05 pm

Programs: Air India Silver Edge, Jet Airways Silver
from what I have been told, the discount amount of 2500 shows up on the final screen just before you make the payment.

Never tried it myself, nor do i intend to.

I am taking a break from the Jetuna Matata.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 12:31 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Keyser
has anyone managed to find a route where this discount is applicable????

jet is very good at sending these emails out with as little information as possible....
I could have gotten a decent discount (only on a round-trip) on the sector I flew yesterday.

However, since I would probably be changing the return, then the discount gets reversed in any case (if previous offers are any indicator), and thus there would be no point at all to use the discount..

BOM airport was totally deserted yesterday, and everyone was saying loads are very light...
Old Sep 2, 2012, 1:46 pm
A2A

call me a cynic. this is the normal discount they usually dole out on the website anyways. or maybe a few rs. more.
Old Sep 2, 2012, 9:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by A2A
call me a cynic. this is the normal discount they usually dole out on the website anyways. or maybe a few rs. more.
You're right. They usually offer a discount between Rs. 400-500. With the current offer I can see discounts of around Rs. 500-700. That's it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.