Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Jet's on a roll : DEL-SIN (back to) 737

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet's on a roll : DEL-SIN (back to) 737

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2012, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.822 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

For ~ 3,5 months, starting next week : http://airlineroute.net/2012/07/06/9w-delsin-jul12/

Do airlines re-imburse customers for sticking them in glorified Y when they bought the ticket expecting the fantastic J seats?
Old Jul 6, 2012, 10:01 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by jasepl
Do airlines re-imburse customers for sticking them in glorified Y when they bought the ticket expecting the fantastic J seats?
Why should they? As far as they are concerned you are still flying in J.. They never promised a 332 when you booked the ticket
Old Jul 6, 2012, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Anish
Why should they? As far as they are concerned you are still flying in J.. They never promised a 332 when you booked the ticket
i agree....& once again, this was very much expected....
Old Jul 7, 2012, 2:27 am
Original Poster

I should have worded that differently.

And I don't mean compensation; I mean something on the lines of letting you change / cancel without penalty.

It's been done before, by several airlines in several lesser circumstances (IFE doesn't work, seat doesn't recline fully etc etc).

Typically, the seats, IFE, aircraft etc are not promised, but they are certainly advertised.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 5:41 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
And I don't mean compensation; I mean something on the lines of letting you change / cancel without penalty.
Yeah true that. Though technically they can't really let you change.. It's not that they're flying a 332 on the same route at a different time.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Yeah true that. Though technically they can't really let you change.. It's not that they're flying a 332 on the same route at a different time.
Yep, just a theoretical question, not Jet/SIN specific (hence why "airlines").

For example if one of the London flights were switched to the non-herringbone 330, or if there were a one-day equipment substitution, or other similar situation.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Galaxy S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SGH-T959V Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I should have worded that differently.

It's been done before, by several airlines in several lesser circumstances (IFE doesn't work, seat doesn't recline fully etc etc).

Typically, the seats, IFE, aircraft etc are not promised, but they are certainly advertised.
Airlines do compensate you, if installed equipment does not function as designed or imtended.
Airlines do allow you to chamnge without penalty, if the new aircraft does not have the class of service for which you paid.
You have no grounds to complain if the new aircraft has the cabin you paid for even if installed equipment is not up to your desire.
Airlines do not charge you more if scheduled equipmen is replaced by superior equipment.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
They did to me when I booked DEL-DXB a couple of years back. But then they did give me a free r/t upgrade for downgrading the aircraft to a 737.

I am telling you its only a matter of time before they start flying B737's to LHR and EWR. They loves these birds for international flights. (just so no one actually takes this seriously I am gonna put a in here)
Old Jul 19, 2012, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Double Dilly

So it looks like they're going Double-Dilly from October.

"2nd daily direct flight from Singappore to Delhi

"From October 16, 2012, fly twice daily from Singapore to Delhi, with the introduction of a convenient morning flight in addition to our late evening flight."

dep DEL 9-ish / arr SIN 17-ish
dep DEL 22-ish / arr SIN 7-ish

dep SIN 8-ish / arr DEL 11-ish
dep SIN 23-ish / arr DEL 02-ish

http://www.jetairways.com/EN/IN/Plan...ghtUpdate.aspx

Of course, JetSpelling says it's Sinagappore - who said something about the email writer - and the timings in the release don't necessarily match the schedule, but never mind all that :lol:

Originally Posted by lallyr
I am telling you its only a matter of time before they start flying B737's to LHR and EWR. They loves these birds for international flights. (just so no one actually takes this seriously I am gonna put a in here)
I presume it will be a 737 on both sets of DEL-SIN-DEL flights ? So your prediction is starting to come true.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
So it looks like they're going Double-Dilly from October.

"2nd daily direct flight from Singappore to Delhi

"From October 16, 2012, fly twice daily from Singapore to Delhi, with the introduction of a convenient morning flight in addition to our late evening flight."

dep DEL 9-ish / arr SIN 17-ish
dep DEL 22-ish / arr SIN 7-ish

dep SIN 8-ish / arr DEL 11-ish
dep SIN 23-ish / arr DEL 02-ish

http://www.jetairways.com/EN/IN/Plan...ghtUpdate.aspx

Of course, JetSpelling says it's Sinagappore - who said something about the email writer - and the timings in the release don't necessarily match the schedule, but never mind all that :lol:
good to know....maybe award availability will improve slightly....
Old Jul 19, 2012, 6:37 am

Programs: Air India Silver Edge, Jet Airways Silver
i have flown jet a couple of times when BOM SIN was with 737 and it was a nice cosy business cabin with decent entertainment. The 737 on SIN route was different from domestic 737 with 16 J seats with 48" pitch atleast.

Air India had A319 on this route till last year and that was nice and cosy too. Now their A330 is awful in Business. Too crowded with mostly (i think) upgraded people.

As long as Jet is not putting a domestic 737 with the domestic J, i think it is ok.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by ashishp
i have flown jet a couple of times when BOM SIN was with 737 and it was a nice cosy business cabin with decent entertainment. The 737 on SIN route was different from domestic 737 with 16 J seats with 48" pitch atleast.
Nice.. Thanks for the heads up. Though personally I'm not going to burn miles or vouchers on a 737 J seat.. More value on the flatbeds.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 9:08 am
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport

Air India had A319 on this route till last year and that was nice and cosy too. Now their A330 is awful in Business. Too crowded with mostly (i think) upgraded people.

As long as Jet is not putting a domestic 737 with the domestic J, i think it is ok.
Since the current strike AIr India is back on the 319 on Bom sin route. . Awful loads though this time of the year. 45 pax each way.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 10:25 pm

Programs: Air India Silver Edge, Jet Airways Silver
Originally Posted by shahadil
Since the current strike AIr India is back on the 319 on Bom sin route. . Awful loads though this time of the year. 45 pax each way.
I thought the A332 was doing the BOM-SIN. I checked the fares for August on AI website yesterday and BOM-SIN was showing A332 and DEL-SIN was showing 77L.

I dont think AI sells the BOM route well. Most people at work still ask if the route is nonstop or goes via MAA. Loads out of DEL are better no?

will the SIN route be the chosen one for route testing the 787? BOM-SIN-DEL-SIN-BOM rotation or mebbe with DEL based 787?
Old Jul 20, 2012, 1:44 am
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by shahadil
I thought the A332 was doing the BOM-SIN. I checked the fares for August on AI website yesterday and BOM-SIN was showing A332 and DEL-SIN was showing 77L.

I dont think AI sells the BOM route well. Most people at work still ask if the route is nonstop or goes via MAA. Loads out of DEL are better no?

will the SIN route be the chosen one for route testing the 787? BOM-SIN-DEL-SIN-BOM rotation or mebbe with DEL based 787?
What an irony. The 319 flies non stop and the 330 via maa. At the moment it is non stop on the 319. They can sell whatever aircraft they want, but currently 330 is busy covering 777 routes at the moment and will continue doing so till normal ops begin.

Commenting on 787 routes Is not going to get us anywhere till it actually flies the damn route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.