Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Information of loyalty programmes---Request.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2012, 11:12 am
Suspended
Original Poster

It would be nice if someone summarised highlights of loyalty programmes, including mileage requirements for elite tiers, and redemption rules for tickets and upgrades, of different Indian carriers. I am hoping that would eliminate some of the complaints " Airline XX sucks because I did not get my upgrade even though they ere selling Business or First Class seats." It will also help new FT members looking for advice on which programme to join. PVDtoDEL should pay attention to this as it offers two for one opporttunity. Such an addition to his blog will helm him too and it

Such complains completely ignore the reasons why an airline gives upgrades, cluttering the forum. Of course people can complain about their experiences. But there has to be a basis for a complaint. every time an airline does something you don't like, convenience fee, or a Rs 50 fee for printing e-ticket is another, it's not necessary to start obsessing about minor issues. Twice, it has been suggested that legal proceedings be started against an airline, when the truth is there are no grounds for that. Just because one has heard the word "stay" does not mean it applies to an airlines' normal business practices.

To start with stickies on Jet, Air India, and Indigo (if it has a loyalty programme). On this forum, there is little real information other than rants or accolades (for 9W in the past). I hope that armed with information/rules and realistic expectations, rants about upgrades and fees would be fewer leading more productive discussions on Indian aviation.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 3:42 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Galaxy S: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SGH-T959V Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

To the mods. Please replace "of" in the title by "about". Thanks
Old Jun 21, 2012, 5:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Been thinking of this kind of idea for some time similar to the ba forum stickies but in all honesty, i simplu do not have the time and resources to write a sticky but i am willing to assist and contribute where i can.

Kudos to yaatri for coming up with thread
Old Jun 22, 2012, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by d3vski
Kudos to yaatri for coming up with thread
i agree....great idea....i'll start with a few points about jet....

pros:
1. non-expiry of miles for plats....
2. no cancellation charges on domestic fares for plat members (except for the inr 100 non-refundable fee)....
3. lounge access for silver members (although restricted to full service 9w flights only)....
4. lots of partners, airline & otherwise to earn miles on....
5. ability for plats to upgrade using vouchers from any paid fare class....
6. ability to redeem miles on partner airlines....
7. miles + cash upgrade on domestic flights....this gives us the ability to book an economy ticket using miles & then upgrade to business by either paying inr 1k or 2k, depending on the destination....

cons:
1. lounge access limited to elites only & no guests, no matter what their elite status & what class they are flying....
2. very limited redemption seats available....even when the entire cabin is empty....
3. very limited voucher upgrades available....even when the entire cabin is empty....
4. quality of call center reps has been decreasing over time....now even the agents at the plat desk are clueless & their ability to converse in english has also deteriorated over the past year or so....
5. jet airways & citibank have recently discontinued their relationship which has left members without a co-branded credit card & reduced the ability to earn miles....however, jet claims it will have another partner come july 15....
Old Jun 22, 2012, 5:10 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Yaatri
PVDtoDEL should pay attention to this as it offers two for one opporttunity. Such an addition to his blog will helm him too and it.
I'll think about it once I'm back home. Right now, I'm more concerned about enjoying my vacation in CCU

Originally Posted by Yaatri
To start with stickies on Jet, Air India, and Indigo (if it has a loyalty programme).
The only LCC with a loyalty program is G8. SG and 6E do not have programs...
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:37 pm
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
Keyser thank you so much. Did not know about the cash upgrade but read it today morning on way to airport reading your post. Checked the website, and the ticket requires endorsement by the ticket counter for upgrade, counter was too crowded so proceeeded directly to check in. They were clueless about cash upgrade and said 3600. I showed them the website , then supervisor said he has to consult bombay ( this was at chennai airport) He then said flight will get late, it will take time. Told him to check in my bag and wait 5 min for reply. He comes back and says its only for x class (which is exactly what I had) and finally pay the money and get my boarding pass. He also mentions only economy meals on board (on board I am the only one in premiere) and I run to the aircraft as apparently everyone's on board except me. Anyway thanks again, and I think this is a lovely offer for the programme, actually sounds too good to be true.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by shahadil
Keyser thank you so much. Did not know about the cash upgrade but read it today morning on way to airport reading your post. Checked the website, and the ticket requires endorsement by the ticket counter for upgrade, counter was too crowded so proceeeded directly to check in. They were clueless about cash upgrade and said 3600. I showed them the website , then supervisor said he has to consult bombay ( this was at chennai airport) He then said flight will get late, it will take time. Told him to check in my bag and wait 5 min for reply. He comes back and says its only for x class (which is exactly what I had) and finally pay the money and get my boarding pass. He also mentions only economy meals on board (on board I am the only one in premiere) and I run to the aircraft as apparently everyone's on board except me. Anyway thanks again, and I think this is a lovely offer for the programme, actually sounds too good to be true.
glad it worked out....its definitely one of the better benefits of the program....
Old Jun 23, 2012, 3:32 am
Used to be shahadil

Programs: Flying Returns, Jet Privilege, Hyatt Gold Passport
Well that did work out. Unfortunately flight got late due tech for an hour. Missed my boat to havelock. Got to spend the night in port Blair now. All this in the trip report when I am back.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 10:29 am

Programs: 9W Silver
Originally Posted by shahadil
Well that did work out. Unfortunately flight got late due tech for an hour. Missed my boat to havelock. Got to spend the night in port Blair now. All this in the trip report when I am back.
Nice, do post. Which diveshop are you going with?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.