Community
Wiki Posts
Search

20% less for JPMiles redemptions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2012, 12:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by Keyser
while checking in there were 2 people checking in at the counter next to me....one indian & another foreigner....the indian kept singing praises to the other about how great ai is & how underrated it is....he went as far as to say that ai was the best airline in the world....pvdtodel, that wasn't you by any chance was it????
Could be him or one of his disciples from airliners.net or some another bizhat forums

i got to my regular 2c seat & my foot rest was not working properly....it was too loose so it wouldn't stay in one position....the moment i put my leg on it, it would fall back on the ground....i guess i should consider myself lucky since my fellow passenger didn't even have a foot rest at his seat...

the seat in front of me was being held together with the help of duct tape....
At least they should've fixed this in Business Class -

the food service was very good & the food was very tasty....this is one area where i always praise ai....the presentation was also good....it was not brought out in individual portions but served buffet style....
Food is one area, AI is consistent recently, the credit should go to the caterer and the F&B Manager. I still remember a IC Flight taken 2-3 years back with a Stale, almost gone bad samosa as a snack, when pointed out to the FA, got a

But off 10+ flights taken in last year by wife, she still remembers the food served in a AI flight. (FWIW, worst being KF)

I like 9W J Class (on the full service ones) for the Lounge, Inflight Service and Food.

+1 to : Overall 9W biz class trumps all others available in India,
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:57 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
just got off a domestic business class flight on ai....here are some observations:
observations are good! If you are going to be making observations, you might want to forward them to AI as well - after all, they are the ones who can do something about it, not me...

the flight was delayed by 20 minutes & was showing up on the screen but when i asked the check-in agent if the flight was on time then she said it was....
It's India. 20 minutes late is on time

That said, it always annoys me when employees give me misinformation like that. I'm not a fan
while checking in there were 2 people checking in at the counter next to me....one indian & another foreigner....the indian kept singing praises to the other about how great ai is & how underrated it is....he went as far as to say that ai was the best airline in the world....pvdtodel, that wasn't you by any chance was it????
No, it wasn't me. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one though . Next time this happens to you, take his card and forward it to me. It's not every day that I find other people who like AI...

ai is using the cafe coffee day as a lounge & the buffet spread is one of the worst i have ever seen in my life....food was bad, hot items were warm & cold items were warm as well....
That's terrible. If I were in your place, I would probably be tempted to be a real FTer and drag over the station manager to demand compensation

As unsatisfactory as this is, at least you could look forward to real food on board
no one came by to announce boarding so when there were 20 minutes left i proceeded to the gate myself....while walking to the gate there was a final boarding announcement for my flight....when i got to the gate it turned out that they would not be boarding for another 20 minutes....
Yeah, that's happened to me many times. Interestingly enough, it's more common on SG than AI - their Q400 operation's on-time rates seem to be dependent on getting the entire flight standing by the counter ready to go 15 minutes before boarding commences. Followed by sitting on the bus for 10 minutes without going anywhere of course
boarding went well....they boarded the business class & wheelchair passengers first....
If you boarded first, how do you know that boarding went well?
i got to my regular 2c seat & my foot rest was not working properly....it was too loose so it wouldn't stay in one position....the moment i put my leg on it, it would fall back on the ground....i guess i should consider myself lucky since my fellow passenger didn't even have a foot rest at his seat....

i was offered juice before takeoff which was chilled & well presented....
What kind? Have they stopped serving the pineapple juice? That stuff was good.
the food service was very good & the food was very tasty....this is one area where i always praise ai....the presentation was also good....it was not brought out in individual portions but served buffet style....
If only the rest of the flight was this good, I wouldn't need to argue so much to convince everyone else that AI is good.
i will however point out that there were about 8 passengers in business class....besides me & another passenger, i don't think any of the others payed for their business class tickets....looks can be deceiving but about 3-4 looked like government officials either flying for free or having got a free upgrade....
That's why their decision to make the J cabin smaller was a good one. At least people are paying for the Y seats.
i heard the 2 ladies sitting behind me tell the air hostess how their husbands work for ai & how they always get to fly in business class for free....
Presumably, they are married to people in management. Perhaps those people should be willing to take a cut in this (wholly unnecessary) benifit so that AI can afford to pay their pilots, FAs, CSRs, etc. on time?

the only reason i took this flight is because my kingfisher flight kept getting delayed & i didn't want to risk it getting cancelled....the next available flight was ai....
You booked IT over AI?
so once again, i definitely think, at the moment, jet has a monopoly as the sole full service carrier....kingfisher is too unreliable at the moment & ai does not have paying passengers in business to challenge jet....
I guess I see your point. However, your point is akin to saying that AI has a monopoly in the FSC market because they are the only FSC which I fly in India. Whether people are flying them or not is irrelevant - the very existence of AI as an FSC means that there is no monopoly.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 2:32 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Whizkid
Could be him or one of his disciples from airliners.net or some another bizhat forums
I have disciples? Nobody told me

Originally Posted by Whizkid
Food is one area, AI is consistent recently, the credit should go to the caterer and the F&B Manager. I still remember a IC Flight taken 2-3 years back with a Stale, almost gone bad samosa as a snack, when pointed out to the FA, got a

But off 10+ flights taken in last year by wife, she still remembers the food served in a AI flight. (FWIW, worst being KF)
Interestingly, the food I remember most vividly was my first IT flight. It was the first time I had ever been served food on the short IXE-BLR hop, and I was in a bit of shock... I thought the food was absolutely fantastic. I can think of many AI meals which were good, but they were all missing that "shock" aspect that made the IT meal taste so good.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
observations are good! If you are going to be making observations, you might want to forward them to AI as well - after all, they are the ones who can do something about it, not me...
i have done that more times than i can remember....nothing has ever been done....

It's India. 20 minutes late is on time

That said, it always annoys me when employees give me misinformation like that. I'm not a fan
20 minutes is no big deal but just let me know it's late....no good comes out of small lies like this....

No, it wasn't me. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one though . Next time this happens to you, take his card and forward it to me. It's not every day that I find other people who like AI...
will do....

If you boarded first, how do you know that boarding went well?
boarding went well for me....these are my observations, remember????

What kind? Have they stopped serving the pineapple juice? That stuff was good.
there was a choice between 3 or 4 different items....i took the grape juice....

That's why their decision to make the J cabin smaller was a good one. At least people are paying for the Y seats.
there were 20 seats in business which i still think is too much....

Presumably, they are married to people in management. Perhaps those people should be willing to take a cut in this (wholly unnecessary) benifit so that AI can afford to pay their pilots, FAs, CSRs, etc. on time?
they could be married to anyone....ai has to stop this (among many other things) if they plan on becoming profitable....

You booked IT over AI?
i didn't, my clients did....

I guess I see your point. However, your point is akin to saying that AI has a monopoly in the FSC market because they are the only FSC which I fly in India. Whether people are flying them or not is irrelevant - the very existence of AI as an FSC means that there is no monopoly.
not true....a product could exist in the market but if it's not being used or being used very rarely then it's existence does not change the market trend....
Old Apr 4, 2012, 4:11 am

i have done that more times than i can remember....nothing has ever been done....
I got a call once from the Purser about how they could fix the problem next time... I was very impressed.
20 minutes is no big deal but just let me know it's late....no good comes out of small lies like this....
Agree completely.
boarding went well for me....these are my observations, remember????
good point
there were 20 seats in business which i still think is too much....
I agree completely. I'd imagine that 10 would be more around the right level...

they could be married to anyone....ai has to stop this (among many other things) if they plan on becoming profitable....
Agree completely

i didn't, my clients did....
Find new clients

not true....a product could exist in the market but if it's not being used or being used very rarely then it's existence does not change the market trend....
Well, then it is a de facto monopoly. The very existence means that there is another option, so it's not a true monopoly...
Old Apr 4, 2012, 4:27 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
before AI v/s AI grows out here, just a small pointer guys. We were discussing JPMiles redemption for less here!
Old Apr 4, 2012, 5:13 am

i have ever seen in my life....food was bad, hot items were warm & cold items were warm as well....

i guess i should consider myself lucky since my fellow passenger didn't even have a foot rest at his seat....

rest of the flight was uneventful....
:-D I loved your comments. but KF (King Fisher) becoming KFC , there was hardly any option for Business Class.

Try out Indigo sometime, They manage to reach on time in most cases which is attracting me from full service providers.

-rkp
Old Apr 4, 2012, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by rkpanwar
:-D I loved your comments.
Interestingly I loved his comments too. For example:

boarding went well....they boarded the business class & wheelchair passengers first....

i was offered juice before takeoff which was chilled & well presented....

the food service was very good & the food was very tasty....the presentation was also good....it was not brought out in individual portions but served buffet style....

rest of the flight was uneventful....
I guess everybody looks for confirmations of their own bias.

Originally Posted by rkpanwar

Try out Indigo sometime, They manage to reach on time in most cases which is attracting me from full service providers.

-rkp
I like SG better than Indigo. SG has a much superior on-time percentage - almost 5%!
Old Apr 4, 2012, 5:34 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by A2A
before AI v/s AI grows out here, just a small pointer guys. We were discussing JPMiles redemption for less here!
Can you speak a little louder. It seems you can't be heard...!
Old Apr 5, 2012, 12:27 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Can you speak a little louder. It seems you can't be heard...!
I know why. Thats because Keyser and PVDtoDEL are debating Air India's QoS on The News Hour with Arnab Goswami ...
Old Apr 5, 2012, 1:02 am

Originally Posted by A2A
I know why. Thats because Keyser and PVDtoDEL are debating Air India's QoS on The News Hour with Arnab Goswami ...
Were we debating? I thought we were agreeing. And agreeing never happens when Arnab Goswami is around.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by A2A
debating Air India's QoS on The News Hour with Arnab Goswami ...
debating with arnab goswami????
Old Apr 5, 2012, 7:46 am

debating with arnab goswami????
I'd think that Keyserbhai has better standards than that
Old Apr 5, 2012, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'd think that Keyserbhai has better standards than that
i think everyone has better standards than that....
Old Apr 6, 2012, 1:02 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
the debate goes on. Pigs will fly, cows will jump over the moon and JP will never improve. Time to give up and move to another FFP for me and an airline that values loyalty better (on international, domestically 9W still offers the maximum connectivity out of MAA and on short domestic hops, network and options are more important than any factor to me).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.