FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India-Based Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines-638/)
-   -   JetLite and JetKonnect to merge from Mar 25th (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-based-airlines/1326503-jetlite-jetkonnect-merge-mar-25th.html)

jasepl Mar 21, 2012 12:30 am

Originally Posted by razMJ (Post 18239442)
They have done that, but by merging the two low-cost arms of the carrier they have simplified things and there is probably some cost-effectiveness involved. It will also provide less confusion in marketing and to the passenger, and his/her experience at the airport.

That simplification would have been a nice outcome.

However, all they will achieve with this is to create confusion where there is no longer any.

After all these years, people know what's what and there is little confusion in their minds about Jet-Konnect-Lite-Delite. By splitting Konnect across two codes Jet will actually end up creating a mess.

And they will continue with the spectacular cheapening and dilution of their brand, without addressing the core problem.

Jet are the confused ones, not the Indian flying public.

razMJ Mar 21, 2012 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by jasepl (Post 18242339)
That simplification would have been a nice outcome.

However, all they will achieve with this is to create confusion where there is no longer any.

After all these years, people know what's what and there is little confusion in their minds about Jet-Konnect-Lite-Delite. By splitting Konnect across two codes Jet will actually end up creating a mess.

And they will continue with the spectacular cheapening and dilution of their brand, without addressing the core problem.

Jet are the confused ones, not the Indian flying public.

Oh yeah, forgot about the flight codes. That is even more confusing!

jasepl Mar 22, 2012 2:40 am

Jet's claim:

"The launch of JetKonnect is the culmination of a well-coordinated effort and arises from the fact that since its inception in May 2009, JetKonnect has proved to be a successful model."
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahah !

d3vski Mar 22, 2012 3:02 am

There has got to be tax dodge or something else in it for the goyals to maintain this Jet-Jetlite-JetKonnect-9w-S2 confusion!!!

jasepl Mar 22, 2012 3:15 am

Originally Posted by d3vski (Post 18249667)
There has got to be tax dodge or something else in it for the goyals to maintain this Jet-Jetlite-JetKonnect-9w-S2 confusion!!!

Or a simple inability to see the forest for the trees.

I wouldn't put it past them, given their recent track record.

yosithezet Apr 13, 2012 8:51 am

I just read that they are going to introduce a C product on the JetKonnect flights. So what will be the difference other than the 777 flat seats which I've never seen domestic anyway.

AJLondon Apr 13, 2012 10:08 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet (Post 18386251)
I just read that they are going to introduce a C product on the JetKonnect flights. So what will be the difference other than the 777 flat seats which I've never seen domestic anyway.

"Konnect Select" is what it is called, and it has been in play since the Konnect brand was launched.

Typically, it is 2 rows of J (8 seats total), with no leg rests in the first row. Standard 2x2 config. The seats are very similar to most of the domestic 737s in J except for the couple that have IFE.

The onboard service is the usual hot meal, albeit single serve tray and relatively uninspiring. In fact I doubt if there is much catering difference between Konnect Select and domestic Premiere on "mainline" Jet.

The only route where I think Jet makes an actual effort in domestic business these days in DEL-BOM.

yosithezet Apr 13, 2012 10:10 am

I think this is something new.

http://www.businesstraveller.asia/as...remiere-cabins

AJLondon Apr 13, 2012 10:12 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet (Post 18386736)

I think that is JetLite getting "Konnected" with the 2 rows of J like Konnect Select.

I would be very surprised if they put something fancier!

Mr. Bean Apr 13, 2012 2:09 pm

so how long before we devolve into PM9W and PMS2? :D

jasepl Apr 14, 2012 6:21 am

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean (Post 18388183)
PMS2? :D

That sounds like something Abdul, the surly FA on my Hong Kong flight, was suffering from.

Bingham Boy Apr 14, 2012 10:54 am

Originally Posted by jasepl (Post 18391121)
That sounds like something Abdul, the surly FA on my Hong Kong flight, was suffering from.

:D I loved that account of yours.

Mr. Bean Apr 14, 2012 10:57 am

Originally Posted by jasepl (Post 18391121)

A well-indoctrinated disciple of 'Jetuna Matata' :D

jasepl Apr 15, 2012 5:38 am

Originally Posted by Mr. Bean (Post 18392386)
A well-indoctrinated disciple of 'Jetuna Matata' :D

Originally Posted by Bingham Boy (Post 18392366)
:D I loved that account of yours.

Hahaha! Thanks.

I recently had another delightful experience on Jet. I'll post all about it shortly.

indialogue Apr 15, 2012 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by AJLondon (Post 18386721)
The only route where I think Jet makes an actual effort in domestic business these days in DEL-BOM.

Amen to that. Flew DEL-VNS a month back on domestic business and asked for a fruit plate and was told that they didnt have it available. Went back to sleep and 15 mins before landing, a sheepish FA came round with one and asked if I wanted it. Ermm, no?