Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

what will happen to partner redemption tickets if kingfisher shuts down????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2012, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah

i have a bunch of partner redemption tickets booked on delta, american airlines & air france using king miles....over the last few months i've come across a number of posts that suggest that the ticket will not be honored if kingfisher shuts down....others have posted that once the ticket is issued then it will be valid....does anyone have a definitive answer on what the policy is in a situation like this????
Old Feb 23, 2012, 5:04 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
No, it depends on the specific situation.

I'd assume that Kingfisher would be expelled from the IATA Clearing House, so a lot of airlines would not accept the tickets. However, some airlines might honor the tickets if they have a bilateral interline agreement which doesn't get cancelled after suspension of operations.

B747-437B can probably shed some light on it...
Old Feb 23, 2012, 6:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
If they fold and go into liquidation your bking and ticket is toast. If there is a stage wise bankruptcy setting in place you may have some hope.

That said I don't think they are going to fold completely, just have a massive downsize.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by oliver2002
That said I don't think they are going to fold completely, just have a massive downsize.
i agree....but i just want to be sure in case they do go belly up....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.