Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Questions about DXB-KTM flights with IT and 9W

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions about DXB-KTM flights with IT and 9W

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2012, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards, ANA
Question Questions about DXB-KTM flights with IT and 9W

Hi there!

I'd like to go to Kathmandu in April from Dubai with Kingfisher or Jet Airways and I have some questions about transit and need help to choice one of the few itineraries:

1) DXB-BOM-DEL-KTM with Kingfisher on the same ticket. This the most complex itinerary but as an aviation enthusiast I preferred this one.

2) DXB-DEL-KTM with Kingfisher or Jet Airways

3) DXB-BOM-KTM with Kingfisher or Jet Airways

As I have mentioned above, I preferred the first route but there is a domestic segment (BOM-DEL) so I think I have to change terminals in both airports.

The BOM and DEL airport website say there are inter-terminal coaches

So do we need a transit visa even all flights are on the same tickets ?

Do we need a transit visa for use the inter-terminals coaches ?

What's about checked luggage? I heard the airline staff can take care of checked luggage if we are transit passengers in case of troubles. Is it true?

Does anyone experienced this kind of flights ?

Otherwise I could opt for DXB-BOM-KTM or DXB-DEL-KTM. In this case which is the best transit airport and best airlines for transit.

Could you please answer to my questions.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:08 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
I'm not familiar with the logistics of flying to KTM, but I can tell you 3 things:

1) DO NOT FLY KINGFISHER. They are bankrupt, their safety is in question, and there is a good chance that they will be shut down by the time you are planning to fly.
2) Avoid connecting between domestic and international terminals. It's a headache - a real hassle that just isn't worth it if you can avoid it.
3) DEL is a nicer airport than BOM. That's just my subjective opinion.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:22 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by pilote21
Hi there!

I'd like to go to Kathmandu in April from Dubai with Kingfisher or Jet Airways and I have some questions about transit and need help to choice one of the few itineraries:

1) DXB-BOM-DEL-KTM with Kingfisher on the same ticket. This the most complex itinerary but as an aviation enthusiast I preferred this one.

2) DXB-DEL-KTM with Kingfisher or Jet Airways

3) DXB-BOM-KTM with Kingfisher or Jet Airways

As I have mentioned above, I preferred the first route but there is a domestic segment (BOM-DEL) so I think I have to change terminals in both airports.

The BOM and DEL airport website say there are inter-terminal coaches

What's about checked luggage? I heard the airline staff can take care of checked luggage if we are transit passengers in case of troubles. Is it true?

Does anyone experienced this kind of flights ?

Otherwise I could opt for DXB-BOM-KTM or DXB-DEL-KTM. In this case which is the best transit airport and best airlines for transit.

Could you please answer to my questions.

Thanks in advance!

If you exit the airport for a domestic flight, you will need some visa.

Same answer as above....if you have to change terminals to the domestic terminal...you need a transit visa.

Luggage will be checked to final destination only if you are not "entering" India. If you have to get out and take the bus to the domestic terminal in BOM, then you pick your luggage and clear customs, then take the bus.

Stick to Jet and transit via DEL. You will be fine.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 9:50 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
BTW, any reason why you don't want to fly an LCC like 6E/SG/G9/FZ or another FSC like AI/EY?

Especially about FZ... A nonstop option would intuitively seem to be the best...
Old Jan 7, 2012, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards, ANA
Thanks for your replies!

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
BTW, any reason why you don't want to fly an LCC like 6E/SG/G9/FZ or another FSC like AI/EY?

Especially about FZ... A nonstop option would intuitively seem to be the best...
No special reason but just want to try 9W or IT. EY is a little more expensive and I can't book a DXB-KTM with AI online.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
pilote21, all the answers you are looking for are in the following thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airli...-airports.html

the reason this sticky was created was so that people would not start new threads about airport connections in india....it seems like we have a new thread on the same topic every week....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.