Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India offers NRIs, foreigners domestic travel scheme

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2011, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/n...w/11318131.cms

NEW DELHI: In a bid to woo more passengers, Air India on Saturday launched a scheme for non-resident Indians ( NRIs) and overseas tourists offering fares starting $200 on its domestic flights for two journeys.

"Air India has launched new year bonanza for non-resident Indians and overseas tourists for their travel on Air India domestic flights with fares starting as low as $200 for two journeys to $720 for nine journey tickets," the airline said in a statement.

The scheme is called the 'Visit Incredible India Pass' and will be available in overseas market from Jan 1, 2012.

The pass will allow passengers to travel on any domestic route within 180 days from the date of commencement of the international journey.

Travellers can also purchase additional coupons for $110 per journey.

My Comments: Will the Private airlines counter?
Old Dec 31, 2011, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i believe ai has offered something similar in the past as well but i don't see any of the other airlines offering anything similar....
Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:26 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Keyser
i believe ai has offered something similar in the past
Actually it was IC these days and they were offering at least 2 schemes (one based on number of segments and the other one based on area/number of days - IIRC 14 days maximum).
Old Jan 1, 2012, 3:06 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
9W still has the india pass for visitors...
http://www.jetairways.com/EN/US/Spec...ndiaFares.aspx
Old Jan 1, 2012, 7:13 am

The visit india pass are a pain to use. Typical J class booking can only be done if there is I class available. If trying on the BOM-DEL route I class is mostly not available. Its cheaper to buy a discounted J class fare. Plus the coupon per sector works out at about 20,000 rupees. I've purchased premiere fares for about 15500 on some routes....
Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:36 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
i went around to analyse the scheme, and I was pretty pissed at the end of it that AI is trying a con job. 100$ for any sector in india plus taxes? And then on their website they sell the economy seat for 83$ (14 days out). wow. unsuspecting people would bite, but perhaps they should know better!

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/livefr...-men-or-women/
Old Jan 9, 2012, 10:32 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by A2A
i went around to analyse the scheme, and I was pretty pissed at the end of it that AI is trying a con job. 100$ for any sector in india plus taxes? And then on their website they sell the economy seat for 83$ (14 days out). wow. unsuspecting people would bite, but perhaps they should know better!

Their discounted $100 + tax is higher than most airfares within India, especially when you use online websites (India based). Only on a route like DEL-COK or TRV or Imphal, it makes sense to use the coupons.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, AMEX Business Platinum, AMEX Delta Reserve, DL SkyClub Member, Choice PM
Originally Posted by A2A

Air India has been doing a 'CON JOB' forever!

In a normal business environment, AI should have been put out of their misery ... many many full moons ago. But the GOI is protecting it's 'OWN' Interests ... for the bureaucrats and ministers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.