Wiki Posts
Search

air india frequent flyer program

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2011, 1:18 am
Original Poster

Smile air india frequent flyer program

hi,

has anyone signed up for frequent flyer program of air india? Is it any good? Can we use miles on star alliance partners like LH or SQ?
Old Sep 29, 2011, 2:06 am

Yep the flying returns program is good if you are looking for redemption on AI flights itself, since AI isn't part of *A so you can't use their miles to redeem on other *A partners but with LH and SQ they have a tie-up whereby you can credit AI flights to either one of them. So you can pick and choose either one of LH or SQ FFP's if you are looking for international redemption but if you are looking for domestic redemption you can enroll for flying returns program, i guess they still have the 1000 miles sign up bonus promo running.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 5:08 am
Original Poster

thanks buddy... really helpful
Old Sep 29, 2011, 7:58 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
I'd stay far far away if I were you. Its a pain in the rear to redeem the miles.... you actually have to fax in a form with your passport, etc before you can redeem anything
Old Sep 29, 2011, 8:32 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by crazyhorse
I'd stay far far away if I were you. Its a pain in the rear to redeem the miles.... you actually have to fax in a form with your passport, etc before you can redeem anything
but the availability is good!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by A2A
but the availability is good!
I guess the availability is good precisely because no one actually makes any award bookings since it's such a pita
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:13 am
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by hyderago
I guess the availability is good precisely because no one actually makes any award bookings since it's such a pita
no pains , no gains. on other airline, the pain is to find seats, here the pain is just to book them.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:39 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Not so tough anymore. They've changed things a bit. All you have to do is land up at the nearest Air India office and the redemption can be done over the counter. Subject to seat availability of course..
Old Sep 29, 2011, 10:51 pm

Even easier now

Originally Posted by quarryking
Not so tough anymore. They've changed things a bit. All you have to do is land up at the nearest Air India office and the redemption can be done over the counter. Subject to seat availability of course..
Actually I just redeemed recently and its even easier. A few months ago AI moved to an internet based redemption feature. Choose your flights, date and number of seats and as long as you have enough miles for redemption and there are open seats on the flight the redemption is possible. No limits imposed on available award seats like most other airlines. Payment of taxes can be done online using a credit card so the process took all of 20 minutes for me. Its a far cry from having to take your award form and passport to a ticket office and have it issued manually.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 11:16 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
One little note of caution, if the miles are being redeemed at an Air-India office, they don't seem to accept a credit card payment for the tax bit and ask for the same to be paid in cash.. other wise all in all in a very straight-forward and quick process.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

thanks evry one... just one more query hows jet airways frequent flier and the service they provide on delhi jfk/ewr route??
really appreciate ur replies

Last edited by deepakbhatia; Sep 29, 2011 at 11:41 pm
Old Sep 29, 2011, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by deepakbhatia
thanks evry one... just one more query hows jet airways frequent flier and the service they provide on delhi jfk/ewr route??

service on economy- is it good in comparison to air india..
my two options air india and jet.. can u compare the two airlines on this route?? my tentative date of flying out is 30 june and return journey is 25 july

Last edited by deepakbhatia; Sep 29, 2011 at 11:41 pm
Old Sep 30, 2011, 2:52 am

Programs: AI-FR, 9W-JP
What is the tier-qualification requirements for Flying returns..? I have noticed on a few sectors AI awards more miles (on revenue) than 9W & charges less miles (on redemption) than 9W.

Although the difference is marginal, 9W doesn't award miles on deep-discounted tickets, unlike AIC. Tempting me to join FR..!

Thanks,
GuyFromBOM
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
hi,

has anyone signed up for frequent flyer program of air india? Is it any good? Can we use miles on star alliance partners like LH or SQ?
been a member since the 90s....as others have said, its a great program when it comes to redemption....

when was the last time you did this????its all online now....
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
between jet & ai there is no comparison....jet would win every single time....

service on economy- is it good in comparison to air india..
my two options air india and jet.. can u compare the two airlines on this route?? my tentative date of flying out is 30 june and return journey is 25 july
if you have a choice then stick with jet....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.